antifreeze leak, please help

Major_Tom

Alright,

I got a antifreeze leak.

its a pretty much constant drip when the car is on.

and it goes away a few minutes after the car is off.

Its on the passenger side,

underneath all of the pulleys.

Its not the water pump, thats dry.

its not a hose, I checked all of them.

I had the lower intake seal replaced a year and a half ago.

Any other ideas of what it could be, besides the head gasket?

Thanks

i used bars leak on my buick a year and a half ago and still no leak, i like thats stuff and would reccomend it, even if its only a patch, might stll fix the problem until you can find out what it is

i used bars leak on my buick a year and a half ago and still no leak, i like thats stuff and would reccomend it, even if its only a patch, might stll fix the problem until you can find out what it is

not bars....there is a stop leak made by BG I recently used on a gen3 3100 I was about to tear into...bang - minor (1qt per month) leak gone. $5 is a decent bandaid until warmer weather

i had a leak earlier on mine...but it was the water pump.

Bars leak is the best stuff really. I love it. I recomend the powder in the shotgun shell looking thing, rather than the bottle with liquid and balls in teh botom

jon

I had a similar problem on the Montuna. I thought it was a radiator leak. It was a water pump problem too. 3100/3400's seem to eat water pumps just like 2.8/3.1/3.4's eat alternators..

I had a similar problem on the Montuna. I thought it was a radiator leak. It was a water pump problem too. 3100/3400's seem to eat water pumps just like 2.8/3.1/3.4's eat alternators..

funny you mention that...my 3.1 has already gone through a water pump...but i still have the original alt :D

It's probably the heater core return line. Mine broke open a while ago and did the same thing.

I would definitely look at the heater core return line. It's a cheap metal line that runs from the water pump to the heater core. It runs along the bottom of the engine bay on the passeneger side and it's quite common for these things to rust out completely. They're only 40 bucks IIRC, and they're quite easy to replace.