greetings

bbender85

why have i not signed up for this board yet :?:

anways.... just wanted to introduce myelf to those who don't recognize me from other boards. you can click on my links below if you're so inclined. see you around!

EDIT: btw, anyone close to me?

How do you have those subs set up? Is that bandpass or sealed? I can't tell from the pics. Does it sound good like that? I've got a pair of Audiobahn subs in a sealed box faceing the rear, pushed by a Crossfire 402. It sounds OK but I think my box is a little on the big side. Which model subs are those?

hey michigan guys! BBENDER you go to ferris right? we should get together for a meet before the year is over and you go back home. I was wondering about your subs also, do you have plans for the box? You should draw some up and sell em!!!! I'd buy em Later Jay

How do you have those subs set up? Is that bandpass or sealed? I can't tell from the pics.

sealed, both subs in one enclosure.

Does it sound good like that?

not too bad, losin' a few spl w/ the setup, but it makes up for it in looks. :)

Which model subs are those?

heh... the cheap ass 1251x's. got a pretty good deal on 'em, time to upgrade; one is tweaked. guess they didn't like the 1 ohm abuse much :)

Say, what type of paint did you use to paint your interior pieces yellow? Any problems with it chipping or peeling?

just regular spray paint, with some special primer, a few clear coats, and lots of prep work. a few chips here and there from hard contact, but no peeling or rubbing off. just gotta be a little cautious, no big deal.

yup...1251q same here. They were cheap. Whats the vol. of that box? Mine is just under 1.5 per chamber, they play real low freq's well but they don't sound too good for rock type music, or not as good as my old pioneer subs did. I wish the cones hadn't blown up.

...Whats the vol. of that box? Mine is just under 1.5 per chamber, they play real low freq's well but they don't sound too good for rock type music, or not as good as my old pioneer subs did. I wish the cones hadn't blown up.

i calculated at 1.4 per sub. i agree, lows aren't too bad, and rock plays pretty well... may be my setup, though. i also run the crossover real low, as i don't like much bass above 60-80 hz. i tend to shoot for the home theater sub effect, i guess you'd say. seems like my xover is set at around 60.