? on where to mount my tweeters for my 5.25 Comps.

AWeb80

you can try to keep it close to the larger speaker in the door, maybe just a few inches above it. as long as nobody's knee is going to get in the way it'll be fine and you don't get sound reflecting off the windshield. another advantage is that the tweeters are more equal in distance from your ears (the one in the driver door is farther from your head, but the one in the passenger door is about the same distance as it would be next to the mirror)

much easier to install there too

you can try to keep it close to the larger speaker in the door, maybe just a few inches above it. as long as nobody's knee is going to get in the way it'll be fine and you don't get sound reflecting off the windshield. another advantage is that the tweeters are more equal in distance from your ears (the one in the driver door is farther from your head, but the one in the passenger door is about the same distance as it would be next to the mirror)

much easier to install there too

A good point with the distance. Not like it really matters that much, but they will be more equidistant that way.

up until this past summer it had been drilled into my head to keep tweets and mids close together. but i heard 2 sound quality winning cars this past summer that did not abide by that unspoken rule.

one was a 2000 firebird the other a 90 cutlass sedan.

both were using Adire Audio Koda component set and about 200 watts a side.

the mid was placed in the door and the tweet was placed in the dash. the firebird's dash was cut for tweet placement after sticky tape was used to find location. a dash mat was also used to tone donw reflections.

in the cutlass the tweet was put in the factory dash location for the 3 1/2" speakers. had to play with angle of them to get it right and to get them to not stick up any.

both sounded incredible and both brought home multiple awards this past summer at USACi SQ events.

Monty

would it be a good place to put tweeters in my roll bar? With the top down on the freeway, you can hear the subs(when i had them) but not the highs, and i think having some better component speakers, with the tweaters mounted up there would sound good. Along with tweeters in the front on the pillars by the windsheild. If i mount front ones up there, i might have to mount the back ones farther back instead of on the roll bar. I dont know much about the placement of speakers. so if this is a bad idea tell me.

rollbar as in the one behind the front seats?

i would think this might help the rear seat passengers but not much help at highways speeds for front seat people.

as the wind would be taking on thw tweets in the rollbar head on or mayb from the side.

i would not think that to be a good place.

where are stock speakers at in your droptop?

i have no pics of that to go by.

i have seen many factory door panels from luminas and GP's and some cutlass that have angled speaks in the front doors. might be enough room to mount the tweet coaxial style over the mid.

what kind of power to the front speaks? this might help too.

Monty

If you go to my web site, and click on the interior pics, then the pic of hte backseat, the rear speakers are behind the doors infront of the seats on the side panels. I think they are 6.5" round if i remember right.

I put a set of Kenwood components in the doors of my Cutty when I had it. I mounted the tweeter where the window crank would go (if you pull off your door panel, you'll see where it would go). Was plenty loud at high speeds with the top down.