Racing seats for tgp?

tgpguy21

does anyone know where i could get some decent racing seats for a pretty good price? im redoing all of my interior cause its already crap and i wanna go with all red and black. also does anyone know if there is an actual interior paint instead of just normal spray paint?? and help or ideas would be appreciated.

Yes there is a different paint u can use for the interior, I am pretty sure they actuall sell a kit where u can prep the surface and everything and make it look really good...sorry i dont know of any seats, but i would really like to see the interior when u are done since all we ever see here is tan or grey! :lol:

this summer i'm planning on doing the interior over in the tgp too. I'm not sure yet if i want to go with black and yellow or black and red.

I'm gonna go with vinyl seat covers, doors, dash, rear deck, consoles, headliner....everything.... should be pretty sweet if i can get it all done. What do you guys think for color yellow or red or blue or other?

you can get racing seats at pep bosy for $160 each, you can get red on black and other colors. Or I'm sure summit racing has some. It would make the car a bit lighter.

Sure some races seats would be cool but...I really dont know why anyone would wanna get rid of the TGP seats, they are soooooo comfy! but i guess if your interor is trashed, it would be cheaper to replace it/modify it with different parts and colors. Either way, i think its cool.

They is some HEAVY SEATS (stock that is), it kills my back taken the driver's seat out, and the passenger's is no light feather either :lol: . Backs way nothing but that is away from this post, last month there was one of them import tuner type books that did a HUGE right-up AND tests of tons of racing seats, very good article, pages of info, might want to check to see if its still on the newsstand!!!

Jeff M

dang so you would have dropped over 110 lbs by taking them out?? wow!!!!!!! :yikes: i knew they were heavy but that much weight is a bit much isnt it? is alot of the weight from the lumbar units or what?

I plan on buying the 3A racing seats from PepBoys for my TGP this spring or summer. My drivers seat has a nice hole in it, and the only power options that still work is the buttons by the floor. The passangers seat's options don't even work except for tilt and moving back and forth.

I'm going to have my friend make me some custom brackets for them.

i've heard of a sparco racing seat that they make for the older gtp's and they aren't that much more than buyin them pep boyz junk.only like 250$ but it's not like the rest of their seats that they make,they use different fabrics and metals on these seats.i'll try to think of the name of the seat ...it starts with a s i think

i've heard of a sparco racing seat that they make for the older gtp's and they aren't that much more than buyin them pep boyz junk.only like 250$ but it's not like the rest of their seats that they make,they use different fabrics and metals on these seats.i'll try to think of the name of the seat ...it starts with a s i think

Maybe the sparco speed???? hey man, im very interested in this t-28 turbo set-up you have...and any info on ur nitrous system would be great too!!! 8)

You would be surprised...although sparco does have some seats that cost around 600 bucks a piece, they do have cheaper ones too. I am pretty sure my buddy got two sparco's for his car for about 600 bucks, and thats with all the mounting shit too.

if you want light, you need a non adjustable seat, the reclining ones aren't going to be a major weight savings.

CORBEAU2.JPG

bling bling y0

oh yeah, the only thing with a seat like this is, you HAVE to use a harness for it work correctly/safely, i got a schroth clubman streetlegal harness, they are the only people who make a street legal harness at this time.

HARNESS1.JPG

The adjustables weigh just under 30lbs a peice depending on company, design, material. The stock TGP drivers seat weighs 60+lbs, and the passanger is 50+lbs. Quite a bit of difference.

The adjustables weigh just under 30lbs a peice depending on company, design, material. The stock TGP drivers seat weighs 60+lbs, and the passanger is 50+lbs. Quite a bit of difference.

:werd:

Milk Crate and a piece of rope............

:lol:

And if you are tall like me you can go without the weight of the milk-crate too!! Rope is optional as far as I am concerned!! :lol: 8)

yeh but if you can shell out the 250 bucks you can get a real nice seat that'll make people think that u spent a shit load of money on...thats what i'm egttin in the up and comin months