Valve Cover Removal

dkorinko

I don't even take off the plenum. Need to remove the bracket on the back of the intake, remove the alternator and slide the valve cover off. Only takes me a few minutes, of course I pull the motor forward.

Yeah, front it very easy. Might be easier to take the upper coolant line that runs along the front off. I havent had mine off in about 6 months so I really cant remember if you have to take it off or not. Either way its easy

I wanted to go ahead a take off my valve cover...it needs to be cleaned, just wanted to know if it was hard at all, and what needs to be removed in order to get it off????

Maybe think about some coating at this time? Last few projects I did with JetHot were not that good, quality control was slipping, High Performance Coating has always done good work, there are others too, more now then there use to be. Maybe pop off the upper intake to complete the job. Chrome I guess but it will show more that you only did 2 pieces. Clear coat after polishing but needs to be etched before paint will stick. Pure polishing like you see turbo compressor wheels, but the upper intake is pretty grainy and would take a lot of work/$$. The underside of the valve cover might have some varnish peeling off, good to get it all off now so it does not mix into the oil.

Good luck!

Jeff M