Outer CV boots splitt in -40

Baddflash

It wasn't bad enough that some little shit had to break into my car, but when I drove the other one for that two days which were -40 both outer CV boots split completely in the middle. I couldn't believe that a pair of 6 month old axles with like 3000Kms would do this considering the originals did it for like 13 years. I used to think NAPA was pretty good.

I checked with NAPA and they say that it the first time they've heard of it but I have I lifetime warranty on the axels so all I have to do is swap them out. Hopefully it can wait till I swap the motor and tranny.

Anyone ever hear of this happening??

a guy might be tempted to try one of those mickey mouse boots that you epoxy together if that axles are still good

Im gonna check mine some day when its warmer, I do alot of turned wheel tire spinning in this past cold snap so I'm hoping there still together, it was only zero farenheit here tho.....car seems to go anywhere I point it in the snow, the other day I was hauling a trunkload of firewood thru 12" of snow on forest/lawn grounds :roll: