TB bypass

no1kicker

So all bullshit aside...as anyone ever had their car dynoed to show the difference with a thorttle body and without one??? Or better 1/4 mile times with or without one??? I just wanted to see if there were any hard facts about whether or not bypassing the throttle body actually does anything that would be worth the time.

So all bullshit aside...as anyone ever had their car dynoed to show the difference with a thorttle body and without one??? Or better 1/4 mile times with or without one??? I just wanted to see if there were any hard facts about whether or not bypassing the throttle body actually does anything that would be worth the time.

I seriously doubt anyone has taken the time to dyno test after this "modification,"it probably wouldn't yield you much/anything at all. I did it because it's easier to get the plenum/tb/etc. off without those upside down press clamps on that little hose that GM puts on there. Check out the ebay scam auctions where throttle body bypasses for our cars and others produced whopping 8hp gains :lol: :wink:

I really think you will need a thorttle body to get air into the engine, mainly because that is where the TPS is. With no thorttle body, the car probably would run phunny. :lol: :wink:

Sorry man, I had to. :twisted: Seriously though, I can't tell you how easy it makes top engine work. Do it for the easy of R&R, not for the performance increase (anyone that actually sees how much of the TB it covers will realize, it won't do a damn bit of good)