Vehicle Speed Sensor????

dkorinko

A few people have told me that the Vehicle speed sensor is located somewhere on the transmission but i was just wondering if anyone knew exactly where it was??? Like maybe someone has had to change it or deal with it before and knows an easy way to find it, please let me know ASAP because i need to find it today!

For some reason somtimes my speedo will climb at a nice smooth steady pace and at other times it will climb at about 3mph increments, its just annoying. I also made a post about my speedometer jumping all over the place from like 30 mph to 90mph, and we think the speed sensor might be to blame for that too, and since i just had a new tranny done i know they were messing around down there and might have forgotten something????

Does your hud move smoothly, or your cruise work smoothly. Before you go jumping to the vss, I would see if you could scan it or check some other things. The VSS feeds EVERYTHING speed related the signal, so if one thing is messing up they all should be IF its the VSS.

The HUD has Never worked the entire time i have had the car, i guess its stuck it what is called "Test Mode" and the cruise has sometimes worked but for about the past 2 months, it hasnt worked at all.

Well you were right it was under the alternator! Just like everything else on the car it was kinda hard to get to! it took me longer to find the damn thing then it did to replace it, it was only held down by two bolts and then it had a two wire sensor running to it. Not bad, not bad at all!

You did take the alt off I hope. Maby I should have said that. Well did it make any difference? :roll:

Nope, didnt take off the alternator and i did not move the engine at all. The only part of the car i took off was that black plastic guard thing that protects the ECU! Surprised i got my hands in there??? i was too! :lol: And unfortunatly i couldnt tell u if it helped at all or not. My car is being parked for the next two months...(family probs) :(