Twin Turbo 3.1

cstyle73

LOL :lol: I guess too much time on my hands and free access to my dads tools. He thinks it can be done and I can probably get the turbo and other neccessary parts dirt cheap.

Hardest part I think would be how and where to run all the new pipes.

it could be done but you would have to start with a N/A 3.1L car with out ABS, I figure because of the amount of space needed your best bet would be a 90-92 LUmina or Cutlass......

you would have to move the Radiator to infront of the Core support and have Pusher fans. you would need a Z 34 hood and put the intercoolers facing up....with either a fan or I would say fan and piping to push air though it.....or you could run pipes and place the Intercoolers by the front courners if you had a Razzi front bumper......

then you would have to make special manifolds and a Chip

also you would need a heck of a strong tranny......

would be easyer to do in a 3.1 slomaro or a S10 set up for the RWD set up.....

It would be MUCH easier to do a big single turbo.

The tiny T-25 in the TGP takes up an incredibly large amount of space for a small turbo, I can't imagine how it would be possible to shoehorn 2 of them in there.

I agree with shawn. A single turbo would be WAY easier to do, But...

If you look on berettastuff.com ( i can't figure out how to link here) you can see the Car & Driver articles on a twin turbo Beretta and a V-8 Beretta...... I would like to see a ricer up against that!!!

Hey Shawn,

Have you decided on that 3800 II supercharged swap in your Cutty??

Last we talked, I think you said you had no fear with the differences between the ecm's & stuff.

How's that Cutty doin anyway???

Hey Shawn,

Have you decided on that 3800 II supercharged swap in your Cutty??

Last we talked, I think you said you had no fear with the differences between the ecm's & stuff.

How's that Cutty doin anyway???

Nah, I'm still undecided, especially now that the 3800 Series III is coming out! Mainly the cash supply is a bit low since I just bought a house not long ago and we still have to sell the old house.

As for that twin turbo Beretta, I never was able to see a clear picture to even see where they stuffed the turbochargers.

It wouldn't be practical if you put a turbocharger in a place so secluded and inaccessible that you'd need to pull the engine or tranny just to see it!