DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET LATERAL LINKS FOR 95 CUTTY???

darklotus42

Hey people so apparently no retail store I can find has lateral arms for the 95 cutlass 2dr. I need to know if anyone has any they would part with or where I can get suitable replacements. Any help would be appreciated...thx

There are aftermarket lateral arms manufactured for the 1st Gen cars, search Rockauto for the Monte Carlo rear lateral links, or you would have to find a set from a salvage yard (preferably rust free), or custom fab a set from the 2nd Gen cars.

Edited by 55trucker

Awesome they sure do have some for the Monte...but why wouldn't they automatically cross reference the part numbers if they are essentially the same? 

The design for the Lumina/Monte Carlo items were altered from a rectangular box to what you see, the part #'s also changed, there's no cross reference back to the previous design.

the suspension member is still the same item as is the rear knuckles, the Monte's don't make use of the rear transverse leaf.

Ok gotcha....one more question...I noticed on rockauto theres difference in the overall length of the part between the moog and mevotech. Shouldn't they be the same? 

I can't speak to that as I've never had to purchase the original design arms to go under my car.

What IS important is that there are 2 different length arms in use, the rear arms are longer than the fronts. Before purchasing replacements get under the car & take a length measurement of both overall & at the bushing eyes. I'm just assuming that the lengths you see in the ads is the overall, not eye to eye.

• 4 weeks later...

17003448925658137403993798218338.jpg.ccdc0432e67684e4bf9b851160f3256f.jpgOkay so here's what's going on. I couldn't find the lateral arms for the Cutlass so I went ahead and ordered the ones for the Monte Carlo. they had moogs and mevotec. I ordered a set of each. I got the moogs today and I went ahead and took the old lateral arms off and here's a pic of the old ones next to the moogs. as you can see they're not the right length so now I'm just going to wait on the mevotecs and compare them as well. if there's anybody out there that has any further knowledge on which are the right ones to use please let me know. Thanks

Edited by darklotus42
Add pic and comment

Well those lengths are both disappointing & surprising,

It's not easy to see accurately how much longer each new arm is with respect to the original.....

It looks as tho each new arm is less than half the dia of the eye hole longer than the old ones. Using your tape measure what's that measurement?