BOSH on 3.4 DOHC

NORBI

Is it true that BOSH double platinum plugs are bad on 3.4 DOHC? We installed them on my friends 92 CS with 3.4 DOHC and i hard that they are not good for this engine but i got to say that we see a major difference but maybe because car really needed plugs very badly or maybe because those are good plugs.

junk , i used +4's on my Z34 like 3 years ago and the electrodes burnt out to hell in no time and my mileage went to shit , go the best way and get a ac delco rapid fires , the best damn plug iv seen and used on a 3.4 many other can attest to this too

- Mark

o yea Bosches are like 8$ each compared to delcos which are like 2.99

AC Delco double-platinum are pretty good too.

Those were factory installed in my truck. I assume they were original (previous owner told me he never had them done). I changed them at about 103k miles. The gaps were PERFECT still, and very little wear. They didn't really need changed, probably could have gone another 100k.

Only thing bad about them is I've HEARD the little platinum discs can come off the side electrode. None of the little discs on mine were missing, but just for fun I checked the gaps on the old plugs with my feeler gauge and managed to knock a platinum disc off the side electrode of one of them, so I could see that as being a possibility.

Thanks a lot guys, so what do you think would be best, to remove them or drive with them for about 20k miles and then change them, i mean we nottice a major performance difference but before we changed them car was slow as a turtle because it needed tune up so badly because of old plugs, melted cables. :shock: