Can I hit 13's???

skalor

I posted a thread on the other TGP board, but got no replies...so here I go here :D

I ran a best of a 14.6 @ 95 with my only performance mods being an x-over(not really a performance mod), Jeff M. TG160, and K&N. I'm thinking that with the 284 swap I'm doing that I can with practice drop 2/10's. I get that from having a more efficient tranny, better gearing(3.67 vs 3.33 FDR), and more gears. I'm also going to do the A/C condensor fin mod as well as make a CO2 sprayer. I'm also going to do a full exhaust(2.5" maybe 3") with a dynomax or magnaflow muffler in place of the cat and nothing else. With these mods do you think that it's possible to run a 13???

If I had to take a guess I'd say that you would just be a tenth or two shy of hitting your 13's mark. Of course there are just to many factors that go into it to say for sure. On a good day, if it's cool and the track is sticky and....... you just might get lucky. I'm actually curious to see what other say about this. So what does everyone think, will he make it?

That's what I'm thinking, that if I have the right conditions that I might be able to squeak one by. 8)

I actually might do a little weight reduction to help get some weight off the back end. I also made that run with the spare tire, jack, and a box of various parts. I might drop another 1/1000th of a second if I take that stuff out!! :lol: :P

Guest Anonymous

You have a good chance but make sure everything is good and ready. Good plugs and wires, clean your TB, clean the IAC and do an idle relearn, (to help eliminate any hesitation taking off), pull your intercooler and run brake cleaner or paint thinner through it (make sure it's dry before reinstalling). Just a few things I would do.

My car did it! Its not as expensive or as hard as many people think! Although the 3.1 is not the strongest motor around...it can take a beating, i would consider it very possible for u to hit a 13 with the modifications u have done and what u plan on doing. Good Luck! :D :D :D

hey it's not that hard to hit 13's in a 3.1 you just have to know what ur doin because if u don't ur gunna blow your pistons or something else.just be careful thats all.sounds like u should be albe to do.go for it and good luck

Thanks for the encouragement!! :D

I don't plan on changing any engine internals at this time, but I might do a GenIII topend swap in spring, along with a cam (as I figure that if I have the timing cover off I might as well go the extra step). 8)