How do I install coil overs in the rear if the rear doesn't have the 3 holes for the coil spring.? Please advise.. 😢

Dat50go

Hey w-body fam bam. I have a question about the rear crossmember and suspension set up. Is it possible to replace the older '94 spring leaf suspension with the newer set up as like the '04 pontiac grand prix gtp? I noticed the brake caliper is in a different position from each vehicle which means I'll need the knuckle changed. And the sway bar routes different.  And the gtp has coil spring strut assembly as the buick has struts and leaf spring. How would I mount the three bolts that are on top the coil? And it also seems as tho the coil spring could possibly be jammed against the inner wheel well.. any info on coil spring swaps would be greatly appreciated.  (I installed these manual seats from a 2017 fiat 500. Blends well with interior.. looking for wood grain steering wheel... thinking maybe order from dealer a steering wheel for luxury vehicle like buick enclave limited or similar.. Toyota sienna has a nice wood grain wheel as I'm noticing lol (currently sitting in a '05 xle limited) also was thinking about swapping this Beauty into Mt regal also.. comes from same gtp rear suspension donor.. brakes/ rotors are here too.. 

Screenshot_20211202-212919_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20211202-193706_Chrome.jpg

20211207_142256.heic

I will post a pic once I change brakes and suspension.  I'm also thinking of not putting that supercharged engine into my vehicle.. maybe turbo will be better.. sleeper style.. and car (sedan) only weighs 3338 lbs!! LET'S GOOOOO!!

Check out this pinned thread.  It will go over how to do coil overs in the rear.  

And once you switch to coilovers you can bolt on he newer rear knuckles.  I believe the e-brake cables and brakes hoses need some playing around with to make work, but should be easy enough once you're there to figure out

• 2 weeks later...

You’re going to have a hell of a time finding any parts to buy from company’s that will be bolt on.  They were pricey, and very limited in options when you could put your CC’s down.  I made my coil overs many years ago when the parts were already getting discontinued.  I’d suggest to head to the junkyard and get a set of good condition front strut assemblies, tear em down and build your own. I used parts from a1 racing and they work great.  To do coils on the rear is very easy you just take the mono leaf out and use custom coil over parts again from a1 racing.