1994 turbo charged gtp????

tgpguy21

sounds like bullshit to me. if you have a 94 gtp with a 3.4 and 210 hp why all the work to dump in a 3.8 s/c to gain 30hp? If he actually did mean turbo to be honest i doubt you'd get more than 30hp out of it anyway cuz a turbo on a engine that size is gunna have shit for results. wait a minute....why does an s/c on a 3800 only gain 40hp over the regular 3800?? that sucks

thats what i was thinkin. this kid has to be bullshitin. ill have to find him and check it out and ill let you guys know if it is a custom setup or the kid just doesnt know squat about his car. thanx for the info guys... :D

sounds like bullshit to me. if you have a 94 gtp with a 3.4 and 210 hp why all the work to dump in a 3.8 s/c to gain 30hp? If he actually did mean turbo to be honest i doubt you'd get more than 30hp out of it anyway cuz a turbo on a engine that size is gunna have shit for results. wait a minute....why does an s/c on a 3800 only gain 40hp over the regular 3800?? that sucks

I guess the SC 3.8's only get 40 more horses because the M90 supercharger is relatively small so to speak.......have you driven a regular 3.8 opposed to a SC 3.8 (I own a 01 GTP btw).....the SC GTP's feels like it has tons more power than the reg 3.8's. also....how much torque do the NA 3.8's have. I know the SC's have 280......I'm hoping to push me sedan into the 12' or 13's by next summer when I plan to start modding/racing it

I hope you're kidding. The Grand Nationals and Sy/Ty's were all slow as shit. Must have been the turbo on a large engine! :twisted: The M90 doesn't gain much because it's roughly 50% efficient (vs 75% for the average turbo) and the engine has a lower compression ratio.

Tim

First of all a turbo 3800SII would rock. The camaro ppl are doing a turbo kit and a centrifugal SC kit as well. They plan on running like 10psi, and they could run more. The only thing holding them back in the tuning, and tuning is a bitch on OBDII cars.

Secondly, the SC 3800 has lower compression pistons than it NA brother, and it's only at 240hp/280tq because of tranny and warranty issues. My friends dad has a GP GTX and his tranny took a shit at 26,000 miles. He said when he got the car back that it felt a lot slower than before. Well, the dealership that changed the tranny under warranty probably reflashed his computer for a lower torque setting.

3800SII's rock, whether they are NA or SC.

more reason for the gtp to be equipped with a hi-po 5-speed tranny and stage 2 or better clutch. whats wrong with GM! think how many people who didn't get the 3800gp just for the fact that it only comes in auto. Thats the reason I didn't. I found a n/a gp 3800 for $5200 (total steal) but auto's truly suck!!!!

think how many people who didn't get the 3800gp just for the fact that it only comes in auto. Thats the reason I didn't. I found a n/a gp 3800 for $5200 (total steal) but auto's truly suck!!!!

I agree. If they had a 5-speed I'd have one as we speak, but alas they don't, and I will never have one.

-Tom

A roots blower moves air, not compresses it. This somehow works out to have more torque.

And I know of a 3800 turbo running around and i quote from the owner "its too damn fast".

And "turbo on that sized engine" what!? As long as you match the turbo to the engine there are no problems. How about the turbo Corvette's and Vipers for an easy example. With that reasoning a they shouldn't be getting any results so i guess its a maricle ;)