Manual swap pcm help

ManualOldsOnly

Hi I need advice on PCM for my 94 olds cutlass. Currently has the 3.1 and I'm swapping in a 284. I'm looking for help in figuring out if I have to flash the PCM if so what program do you suggest and also what .bin should I use? Is there someone I should try to get ahold of? Etc. Any help would be great thanks in advance 

I wish @RobertISaarwas around, he could tell you this pretty easily.  Is this a 3.1 MPFI or a 3100? I vaguely remember it was a mid-year switch. Or I'm just getting generally confused. If it's a 3.1 with the old school dumb OBD-I ECM, it would be an easy enough reconfiguration. 

The 284 has slightly steep gears for a 3.1, I'm assuming you're using it just because it's all you can get?

You're probably going to end up at Moates.net, pick up the APU1 autoprom package. It's for GM only, OBD1 thru '95, it's the entire emulation assembly, you'll need to familiarize yourself with it but it will flash the prom as needed.