A STIFFY

D M N

ok i want to make my car handle better and stiffer but i cant find any subframe connectors, sway bars, strut tower brace, or a steering brace (do front wheel drive cars have does??) can anyone help me??

For Strut Tower Braces I recommend trying out Blaze Performance Products. This company is actually run by a member right here on these forums, 92turbole. Here is his site: http://www.freewebs.com/92turbole/index.htm

For swaybars, the best front swaybar you can get for a W-Body is already in a Z34 or GTP, so look for one of those if your car doesnt already have it.

For the rear swaybar, the best one available is from Addco. Their site is http://www.addco.net/ It's a massive bar.

And for any other things you might be looking for you can also try http://www.rsmracing.com

They sell an arrangement of parts.

For the rear swaybar, the best one available is from Addco. Their site is http://www.addco.net/ It's a massive bar.

The Addco rear bar for the TGP (most likely the same for other W-body cars) is 7/8" diameter. It is a night and day difference in cornering ability with the Addco bar in place!! 8)

heard that the cutlass supreme STB will work on ours, i dont remember if any drilling is required

No, it's a straight bolt-on modification.

You remove the strut tower covers and replace it with the entire STB assembly.

any know if the euro 3.4s came with the z34 front SB?

No, the Cutlass convertable was only W-Body to recieve a factory STB.

- Erik

wait i need to organize this a little i can get the following from the junkyard:

STB from Cutlass Convertable

Rear Sway bar from a TGP (whats that??)

Ok i have a camaro and i used subfram connectors to stiffen the chassise because of the unibody design dont i need to do that with my lumina which is also a unibody???

STB for $25!!!!!! dam thats cheap i had to pay double for the one in my camaro

I recommend you go all out on the STB's, fork style for the front, and heavy duty for the rear.

BTW he didn't mean for you to get a rear swaybar from a TGP (Turbo Grand Prix), he was just saying that he got the Addco bar and it made a huge difference. Although the rear swaybar from a TGP/GTP/Z34 may indeed be an improvement, but not worth the time and effort IMO.

As for subframe connectors... Outside of getting them custom made, I don't think they exist for these cars.

Also, finding a STB from a cutty convertable in a junkyard is very, very unlikely.

And for any other things you might be looking for you can also try http://www.rsmracing.com

:shock: Did you just say RMS racing!! :puke:

you gotta be sick to pay those prices.. the company is obiouly hurting but its by their own hand

best check out FFP to stiffen up some of the motor mounts. FFP dogbones are good!

ok i want to make my car handle better and stiffer but i cant find any subframe connectors, sway bars, strut tower brace, or a steering brace (do front wheel drive cars have does??) can anyone help me??
If your looking for a cheap way to go on the stb, go to

your local GM dealer, tell them you want a "k" bar I'm not sure what

cars they came on I believe when I got mine I told them to look up the

parts diagram on a later 90's model Regal I think, anyhow the bar

they can sell you is about $12 and is almost identical to the stb on a

cutty convertible. I tried finding one off a cutty convertible in many local

yards around me and they pretty much dont exist, your not able to get

it from GM either because its a discontinued part. The k-bar works fine

you just drill holes and bolt it to your strut towers, I've had mine installed

for a little over a year now on my Lumina Z-34 and am very happy with

it. If you want I can find out the exact part # for you and give it to you

you will just have to give me a few days. Hope this helps, Tom.

:shock: Did you just say RMS racing!! :puke:

you gotta be sick to pay those prices.. the company is obiouly hurting but its by their own hand

best check out FFP to stiffen up some of the motor mounts. FFP dogbones are good!

They may indeed have pretty crappy prices, but show me another company that makes as much shit for our cars. Especially the polyurathane bushing kit, show me another place that makes one. I wish there were another company....

If your looking for a cheap way to go on the stb, go to

your local GM dealer, tell them you want a "k" bar I'm not sure what

cars they came on I believe when I got mine I told them to look up the

parts diagram on a later 90's model Regal I think, anyhow the bar

they can sell you is about $12 and is almost identical to the stb on a

cutty convertible. I tried finding one off a cutty convertible in many local

yards around me and they pretty much dont exist, your not able to get

it from GM either because its a discontinued part. The k-bar works fine

you just drill holes and bolt it to your strut towers, I've had mine installed

for a little over a year now on my Lumina Z-34 and am very happy with

it. If you want I can find out the exact part # for you and give it to you

you will just have to give me a few days. Hope this helps, Tom.

If you can find the number that would be cool

one of you guys w/ access to a machine shop need to make some subframe connectors and then test them out :wink: ...money could probably be made from something to this nature if it would stiffen up our W's a bit, I'm *planning* on making/doing a few things for W' owners in the very near future so more stuff will be available for us, mainly going to do things for first gen W's. 8)

I HAD a Cutty STB in my Z. I sold the Z :cry:. BUT kept the STB :D It is for sale now I've listed it on this site but that price dont meen shit let me know if you are interested. i'll ty to find a pic

Richard Garberson

• 3 weeks later...

im actually taking my STB off this weekend (while selling the car). Im going to keep it here, until its sold. if the buyer wants it...he can have it, if not, im replaceing the covers with ones from a junk yard, and selling the brace and drilled ones here or on ebay.

BTW...are all those covers the same?

jon

no the same one will not work in the trunk, I have the front and rear stb from rsm racing and the mounts are different for both and the angles on the bars are different too. they both made a big diff, I love em'.