1995 GTP Amp

kfahn

it should have this amp as long as you had the "premiun sound" package. Usually it is located on the back of the rear seat (in the trunk).

The only reason for this is if you take you factory deck out and your car is equipped with this, you'll notice that the factory head unit is merely a tuner box, where as aftermarket decks have amps internally, these are just external.

- Justin

I have one just like that sitting in my garage.

It was pulled from my girlfriend's flood damaged 97 GT. Her car had the 8 speaker premium system. That amplifier is what ran the 6x9 sub's in the back deck. The 4" speakers were full range, and were connected directly to the amp in the headunit, as were the front door speakers/tweeters.

The amp from her car puts out just low end sound since it ran the 6x9 subs (those were BIG 6x9's for factory!).

It was located right under the glovebox, and it also runs off of speaker level inputs.

I know this is not the same amp (internally) as the one I have, but I'm sure it's used to control all 4 speakers in the car. The wiring harness I have for mine has both front and rear inputs from the headunit, and only 2 outputs, but has many more empty pins for more outputs.