Is this true

93 Grand Prix

I was reading a magazine, and I stumbled upon an artical that said (and I quote) "Warming your car for more than a few minutes can be harmful to the engine" How is that? I always thought warming your car, especally in the winter, is good for your car. That wouln't cause my car not to accellerate in fourth gear would it? That's right still haven't got it fixed yet!

over a extended time its bad for it..... like 20 min and above because of the carbonation that occors, but the first tim you get on it again, its all out the tail pipe so.... I would say dont worrie about it....

geeze what magazine was that? and i wish my old LE looked like that. thing looked like shit, i never had the money to make it look better cuz it all went into repair for the damn thing (specially brakes!!! new pads on at least one wheel every month) :x not only that but it came with absolutley no factory options

I have heard this before, and the reason I was told is the motor needs more vacuum to pull the gases out of the valvetrain through the PCV at start up. If you have forged pistons, you need to let the engine warm up before you push the engine hard because the pistons need to warm up and expand back to operating dimensions.

Change your oil on a regular basis was my response to the more vaccuum at start up crap.