Whiteface Gauges for 95-97 Cutlass

oldsl67

Looks good. I'm interested in seeing how green LEDs turn out. The blue filter is what makes the bulbs look blue. My 02 Camaro is the same way.

I had these overlays on my 99 Grand Prix in silver with the black lettering. The black lettering limited the light output and the dash looked dim. Just passing that along to others.

You have a 2002 Camaro? What engine does it have?

Looks good. I'm interested in seeing how green LEDs turn out. The blue filter is what makes the bulbs look blue. My 02 Camaro is the same way.

I had these overlays on my 99 Grand Prix in silver with the black lettering. The black lettering limited the light output and the dash looked dim. Just passing that along to others.

It got cold here and I got the vert packed away so not sure ill get to putting whiteface and green leds on :(. Ill post pics when I do but probably not till spring...putting winter tires on gtp today..so depressing.

You have a 2002 Camaro? What engine does it have?

LS1

It got cold here and I got the vert packed away so not sure ill get to putting whiteface and green leds on :(. Ill post pics when I do but probably not till spring...putting winter tires on gtp today..so depressing.

Looking forward to it when you get the chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Wow, I made my own homebrew version of this for my old Regal about 10 years ago!

ottofinished.jpg

I used a reverse otto gauge face for a GP cluster, GP needles, then painted a stainless overlay black/white to create the effect.

Glad to see my homebrew creation reach production status!!!

Edited by DiscoStudd
change URL to IMG

Disco, how did you make your own overlay though?

I bought a stainless overlay from Speedhut, I believe. With that, I masked off the areas where I wanted the "trim rings" and the white paint and laid down the black paint. After that dried, I uncovered where I wanted white paint and masked off the black paint, then laid down the white paint. Unmasked, and Viola...

This is what the overlay looked without paint:

otto.jpg

Also, this was the gauge face I went with:

http://www.makotoautotrends.com/popup_image.php?pID=8649&osCsid=4o4c16j1c6nutob8f0rdk3ra55

Edited by DiscoStudd

• 2 weeks later...
do they do anything for buick century

A quick ebay search says no, however you could swap in the Regal cluster that has the RPM gauge and then you could have this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1997-2004-Buick-Regal-Fuel-Data-Display-Instrument-Cluster-White-Face-Gauges-/400864546498?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABuick|Model%3ARegal&hash=item5d55638ec2&vxp=mtr

• 4 weeks later...

They have selection for every 5th gen monte carlo besides the LS with floor shifter, everything else is either LS with Column shifter, or Z34/LTZ with either.

Would like something like this for my Festiva though, too bad that would have to be a request, and I bet it will cost quite a bit extra.