How do I tell which rotors are on the 1995 Cutlass Supreme?

whiteta

I am ordering rotors and pads for my son's 95 Cutlass Supreme, 4 door with the 3.1L plant. I see both 267mm and 286mm diameter rotors listed on the parts sites. How do I tell which ones I have or what is the purpose for the bigger rotors? I want to be sure I order the right ones.

Mid 95 GM started moving to the larger diameter rotor for improved braking performance, caliper and pads stayed the same.

You could find the approximate build date (drivers door?) and that might give you a marginal idea of whats going on. but measuring them is probably the best way.

Mid 95 GM started moving to the larger diameter rotor for improved braking performance, caliper and pads stayed the same.

You could find the approximate build date (drivers door?) and that might give you a marginal idea of whats going on. but measuring them is probably the best way.

Well, if the calipers and pads stayed the same (I did notice that the pad part numbers were the same when looking at the package deals), I may as well get the larger rotors. Thanks for the insight!

Every 95 I've seen has the smaller rotors. The larger ones will not fit if it has the smaller ones. From what I've seen (I've owned

approx 60 of these cars) 96 was the first year for the larger rotor.

I have a late build 95 convertible and it has the smaller rotors

Well, if the calipers and pads stayed the same (I did notice that the pad part numbers were the same when looking at the package deals), I may as well get the larger rotors. Thanks for the insight!

The calipers and pads are the same, but the caliper mount on the strut will also be matched to the rotor size. Same caliper, moved farther away from the center of the hub to accept the larger rotor.

Measuring yours is the only way to know for sure.