Stray vacuum line help?

Suddog

Hi all.

I have a 90 TGP that I recently picked up with a leaking PMIII. In the process of changing the PMIII, I found a plastic vacuum line drapped over the back of the intake that did not appear to be connected to anything. This line comes from a rubber hose NEAR the cruise control actuator. I cant find where this hose goes. Looking at diagrams doesnt seem to help me. I'm assuming this is the HVAC hose, but have no idea as to how it gets it's vacuum. Does this hose actually attach to something near the back of the intake? It is attached to a rubber hose under the (not attached to the) cruise actuator and goes to a plastic line that is about 24" long and ends with a slightly angled rubber piece that has what appears to be grooves for a spring holder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post a pic? There should be a line going to the MAP. The other one back there splits to cruise, HVAC and the vacuum storage ball in the driver's side of the bumper.

No. . the solenoid should have a larger hose on it, maybe 3/8" that goes to the EVAP line. It is located between the strut tower and the master cylinder. it looks like a brake line that ends kind of under the Cruise control module. The one in your hand should be hooked to a 90 degree fitting at the rear of the intake, just below that solenoid. The end in your hand should be hooked to a vacuum valve with 2 nipples on the other end. One of those nipples goes to cruise. The other has a T fitting which goes to cruise and the vacuum storage. I just put mine all in this morning, as it had gotten too close to the turbo and melted the hard plastic line. I repaired it and put it back in, so it's all fresh in my mind. Let me know if you can't find it, and I will try to get a decent pic for you.

On the throttle body, there is 1 line that is bigger than the rest. . that should be hooked up to the solenoid, too. The solenoid controls vacuum to the EVAP.

Heatbeat, you are the man. It took me a few minutes to locate that port. HVAC now goes to different settings (needs to be charged for AC to work), and cruise is functional.

Now about that EVAP hose location... I have what appears to be a metal line coming up from the underside of the car, but already has a rubber hose attached to it and it runs to the front of the engine that Y's but has no open ports on it. If I can get my camera to work right, I'll take a few pics.

OK so I couldnt take a picture of where this hose connects near strut tower, but was able to take a pic of where it ends. The hose goes to two different locations...side port of throttle body (i am assuming this supplies vacuum, transmission and a metal line (looks like a brake line) near strut tower.

Pics below

First is throttle body port

second is where this thing splits. My finger is nearest to the (hardline) that goes up to the throttle body), the split goes to the transmission and the larger hose goes to the hard line near under the master cylinder and strut tower.

Edited by Suddog

Yeah, that's not right. Take that line off at the fitting on the transmission, and hook it up to that solenoid. The one on the trans is a one way valve, and should be left open with nothing on it. It's just for the vacuum modulator.