Last day out before storing

KarenL2888

Personally I like to top off the tank wity gas and then fill with fuel stabilizer. Let it run for 5 minutes and shut it down. Toss a few dryer sheets in the interior. Give it a good wash and underneath. Give it a quick coat of wax. Toss some old rags in the exhaust tips.

Pull the battery place it in the house with a battery tender. I like to jack it up a bit and place jack stands under it. Just so the entire weight of the vehicle isnt resting on the tires. Put a car cover on it shut the shed and walk away. Thats what I did last winter and it started up fine last week.

I do the dry gas and the dust cover. Make sure the top is up before it gets too cold to stretch it. I hook it up to the trickle charge on sub zero days and fire the engine about once a month. I also change the oil to a stable synthetic blend.

Any time I've stored cars I've done nothing other than put a cover on it and last year I put the charger on it. I think I started it and let it run a few times, more from me missing it than maintenance. I don't usually change the oil before putting it away, but I like to once I get it back out. Never had any issues starting back up. When I had my vert I did like to store it with the top down if possible

• 3 months later...