Original Tires???

Topless1994

While showing my Black 1994 Vert some TLC I began to wonder, since mine is kept all orginal....What brand of tires originally were put on these cars??? Just curious!

Quoted from a member who bought an orignal low mileage 95 vert.

My 95 had the stock 5 spokes with original tires. Just looked at the tires in the attic and those tires are "Michelin XGT H4 Radial X" in size P225/60R 16.

my 90 factory new had goodyear eagle GT+4. they have been discontinued for a long time, i would just buy the best possible goodyears in 16 you can. Please note goodyear LS eagles are not high performance lol

I dont hate my car enough to put goodyears on it

???? I've had Goodyears on most of my cars, and I still have them on a couple. I've never had any problem. What's wrong with Goodyear?

I've had more than a few that didn't seem to want to remain round after a few miles. I've not bought a Goodyear tire in at least 10 years.

???? I've had Goodyears on most of my cars, and I still have them on a couple. I've never had any problem. What's wrong with Goodyear?

lol that's funny, I had a set of GT4s last about 60K, and my eagle GTs do alright in the mileage department, Goodyear RSA don't seem to want to last too long on the GTP but i did get my best 60 foot time on them. I have Michelin pilot sports on the GTP now and they are doing alright after 20k miles, however I had a set completely burn out on our old G6 in 14K. It was so bad I had the car put on the alignment rack at 2 different shops and all was good with the car. I got into it with Michelin's warranty department, they told me it was my issue. We then put some yokohamas on the G6 and ran it for another ~15k until we sold it, tires still looked new when we sold it.

I thought Topless wanted to know the original tire not the best tire lol

• 1 month later...