REQUEST: Pics of red Lumina Z34s

dykz34

It is my car. Before the accident. I have to get some new pics. When they did the work on it they added the plate holder to it on the front. Not a big deal I guess. I was also told my engine looks really clean also that was from a Monte Owner with the 3.4.

Theres a nice 5spd one about 30 minutes away from me that Im gonna go check out tomorrow..... ;) I had to be sure I liked red. 8)

hmm, are you talking about a possible donor car? Or just owning 2 Z34's?

hmm, are you talking about a possible donor car? Or just owning 2 Z34's?

Neither--I'd sell the black one.

But, after looking at the car today and talking to the asshole salesman, it doesnt look like Ill be getting it. They were asking $3k for it. I thought: not bad. So I go check it out. It looks really good as I pull up. Upon closer inspection though.... things changed. Lemme list the problems with it:

Rear bumper, spoiler, and trunklid needed paint because of some acid or something got on it and there are little circles w/o paint.

Front of the car had a bra on it--I didnt look completely under the bra but the paint was worn from it being on there. The shape of the bumper was fine, so I'm sure that would either need to be buffed or repainted.

The carpet on the drivers side feet area was almost BLACK. It was really dirty. The seats were in okay condition. The dash trim piece was cracked, and so was the trim piece that runs along the bottom of the door. There was writing on the dash (could have been scrubbed off maybe).

The stereo (BOSE) didnt work.

The oil pressure gauge was pegged no matter what RPM/engine load. (Probably bunk sender).

There was "custom" exhaust on it--aka different mufflers but then no tips.

After putting the car up on a lift, it appeared to be leaking oil from the oil pump drive shaft seal (it wasnt leaking badly, but still leaked).

Both rear trailing arms were bent.

Even after I pointed out ALL those problems to the guy, he would HARDLY budge on the price! I offered $2200. He wouldnt go under $2500 for it. So I said screw it and left after he wasted an hour of my time. I guess Ill call him next week and see if he sold it yet and if he would entertain my offer... but its looking doubtful. :( Too bad cuz that Getrag was fucking sweet.

It is a damn nice red. I personally have grown fond of that electric or electron blue, whatever it's called, I guess it came on a few cutlass's. I'm seriously leaning towards that color for my 89 Int. Series.

It wasnt my choice to give up on that car.... If the guy would have came down a few hundred more, I'd own the car. We'll see what he says when I go in there this weekend with $2200 in my hand. 8)