Programming Key FOB Help? 92 Convertible

Olds Dad

I obtained an NOS set of key fobs for my 92 Supreme Convertible...the car previously had an aftermarket alarm fob for remote entry (which no longer works).

Anyone know how to program the new key fobs for this car? I've done for newer cars where YouTube videos were available - but I can't find anything for the 92 Cutlass.

Thanks in advance!

assuming the wiring hasn't been messed up with the new remote, in the trunk there should be a red wire lead near the antenna. Find that, and ground it to something until all the locks flip and trunk pop. Then hit a button, and if it's otherwise working, it should connect to it

Open the trunk look by the antenna there will be an un used plug. You will need a piece of copper wire so you can ground it out.

If its working the locks will cycle and if the key fobs work they will cycle the locks.

assuming the wiring hasn't been messed up with the new remote, in the trunk there should be a red wire lead near the antenna. Find that, and ground it to something until all the locks flip and trunk pop. Then hit a button, and if it's otherwise working, it should connect to it

I'll try it - thanks!

• 1 month later...
Open the trunk look by the antenna there will be an un used plug. You will need a piece of copper wire so you can ground it out.

If its working the locks will cycle and if the key fobs work they will cycle the locks.

If anyone has a picture of where this wire is / what it looks like - I can't seem to locate it. I think there was a Lo-Jack installed at one time because there's some non-GM wiring back there and a lot of stuff is taped together -