How to NOT fix your broken Z34 door handle..

93GTP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

omg! LOL that's awesome!

btw... I noticed you picked up in the middle of nowhere.... did the owner happen to either be a farmer, related to one, or a friend of one?

I couldn't believe this when I saw it, what a pos "door handle". Oh well, it's only the 5 speed I'm after..

So far I have not had any problems with my door handles. They are a type of pot metal in composition, though. I do know where several door handles are in a couple of junkyards. If someone becomes in dire need of one and cannot find one locally, I can probably get ahold of one at one of the local yards that I frequent. :)

My W-Bodys:

1989 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 Coupe(Loves It's Front Brake Pads With Fava Beans And A Nice Cold Fresca)

1991 Grand Prix SE

I had one break on me this summer.

GM wanted like 250 bucks for a new one.

and soooooo... my boss, "AKA, Maguyver(sp)!!!" just took a thin strip of steel... bent it to the countour of the two pieces, and put a couple screws in it to hold it together... Works like a damn! and probably way stronger than stock.

I oughta take some pictures of it.

It's not exactly pretty... but it's inside the door, all tucked away anyways. :wink:

Well... it's not really a big deal.

He just took the metal from an old computer case we had lying around, drilled and tapped the holes...

I actually had to file the door a bit so it wouldn't snag, but it worked.

Maybe I'll look into writing a tech article about it.