Begging for more speed!

dkorinko

As always in the middle of a bunch of projects and deadlines here at the shop but needed to add some very important details regarding different race chips. These chips were done for the previous owner Mike Gardner and how HIS TGP engine is/was setup, that being his version of upgraded cam and version of head porting. Also higher octane but, the boost we finalized on was more so around 15 psi as the stock intercooler working in hot Arizona heat was taxed (along with the stock turbo). The injectors are still stock 22lb for this chip. Will it work on other stock TGP engines, no, cam and head changes have it too mod’d to work. Will it work on a mod’d motor like Mike’s, maybe if the cam and heads were done the same but one would need to data-log to be sure and watch the knock, Wide-Band would be best to protect your investment, Mike was setup to watch all this when he ran at the tracks with these chips, never left home with out it!

Back to work for me, did finally get to eat while I took a break to check things at the message boards, eating is good, need to remember that.

Jeff M

So u are saying the chip wont work in an "un-modded" car Jeff??? Thats kinda funny, I am not trying to bash on you or anything but its already been done. We didnt try it more then once, i just wanted to make sure they would work in another car, and they did. And like i have said about 20 times, i am warning everyone these chips are for THE TRACK, u will screw ur car up if u run this chip on pump gas. So if anyone wants them i need the $$$ to make tranny payments. And i am willing to buy them back from u if u are not satisfied with the chip/chips. I am not trying to fuck anyone over here, just trying to help someone out.

dkorinko, of anything, working the details out talking has been the most challenging when teaching things about the car you got, seems we also talk different languages or hear different things too :roll: . It was said and that be the facts that the chip will only work proper (engine “may†run and idle with a stock TGP engine) on an engine with the same setup; heads, cam and octane. You may be able to run the chip on another car/stock TGP but there will be too much fuel all the time SINCE the chips you have are for bigger breathing heads and bigger cam (Mike’s had a bigger cam than I would have picked too but he already had it in). IF, someone runs a data-logger and watches the knock, some info too from the stock o2 though Wide-Band is better, it can be run but most likely will still be very rich/too rich at WOT/boost areas, and extra octane only makes things richer in a sense when you already have too much fuel for what you need/are breathing. A thing that many might not know is when you go very rich the o2 will show lean, watch out for this :read: . BUMMED an sorry you were hoping for some money :( , I hear that and understand and wish the chips were a source for you. I also know that you don’t want to stick anyone :read: , no one including me is saying this (another misinterpretation I guess, sorry, maybe I will try french :lol: ), best thing was to mention the chips on the board as you did and for me to pass on the facts for those looking to try to match one up for their setup 8) .

Later

Jeff M

Well there u have it guys, I am not going to argue with jeff. So please, ONLY be interested in these chips if your engine has some work done to it. Jeff- any idea what the cam specs are in my car? All i know is it is made by lunati, i cant seem to find any other info??? and im also still looking for some 29 lbs. injectors jeff. maybe u could help me??? :D

I know this topic had kinda died down already but ive been told to come over here from another thread so ima have to chime in. This exhaust problem that you guys are mentioning, is it that the turbo cant flow exhaust well enough because the manifolds are shitty or is it something else im totally missing?

Your reading a little too much into it Jon. Its not really a problem until it becomes a problem. Makes sense right? Thought so.

When you have a turbo that is a hybrid, different parts from different turbo families, its almost always (I say that because there could be exception) a smaller turbine with a bigger compressor, or same size turbine bigger compressor or slightly bigger turbine with much bigger compressor etc. So since a smaller turbine is working on a larger wheel it does work less efficiently. Think about turning a hand crank that is connected to a large heavy wheel, like a stone grinding wheel or something. If the crank is short in comparison to the wheel you will have to work harder to turn the wheel. If the crank is longer it will be easier to turn but you will have a bigger circle you will move in. So you aren't working as HARD, but you are moving more.

Similar with a turbo. A bigger turbine would work more efficiently with a bigger compressor, but it would need more movement, or flow. On the TGP more flow wouldn't really be attainable to justify the bigger turbine (Much bigger turbine in reality) since the crossover and manifolds and downpipe can't flow it effectively. So the smaller (t28) turbine works fairly well. The only point it make be a problem is at the top end of the power range for that turbo. But when you get your transmission to hold 450 hp drop me a line and we can work out the turbo problems. ;)

Chris

I know im reading into this too much but thats just me :D. What would happen if a custom exhaust was done up? Ive heard of people running "headers" with turbos but them requiring a lot of tuning to properly balance/match them to the turbo or something like that.

And about the tranny thing, mine can hold that. I had the tranny prepped for boost a long time ago because i knew id be keeping the car for a long time. I had the tranny done at Level10 and they gave me the top package there which came out to about $3400 and that was with me dropping it off and picking it up so there was no shipping as part of that. They told me the tranny would hold about 3x the stock torque load which is from my understanding the thing with turbos, torque. So am i worthy of dropping you a line now? :D