The Budget Friendly Mod Thread

Booba

Can is the st spring in the back? I found 4 for 160

ST springs don't work in the back, the 1st generation W's didn't have springs, they had a monoleaf. You have to get springs specifically for the 1G W's.

There's a thread around here, if you search "How to lower your W body" (It's a sticky in suspension), you'll see what you can do with the rear.

• 2 weeks later...

Best you can do is a Firebird wheel with swrc. The 97+ may have a different design. Not sure but I know F body steering wheels swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Yup. 95-99 monte. Straight bolt on other than needing rubber lines from 1990 lumina euro 2-door(mebbe others but thats what I found them on), on every other 1 g w you hav to go rear coilovers. Also on 95-99 monte/lumina gen 2/3 rear struts are drop in(like gxp fe4s)

So do you have to sacrifice your parking brake?

Is it possible to use a 4 door dual exhaust on my coupe(94 go) mine has the crappy single muffler

Not true duals because it's FWD but you can get a Y pipe for it and have "dual exhaust". Just be aware if you get a junkyard exhaust from a 1G W that has quad tips, one of the tips is a dummy on each side.

You'll need all the accessories from your 3100 (l82) You'll need an EGR adapter, 3-wire coolant sensor, MAP sensor bracket from the 3400/3100 ( one your putting in ), Oil pan prolly wont have an oil sensor in it. You'll want to use your L82 injectors with the 55psi FPR. This is with the stock tune.

I think thats it. Its been awhile since I did that swap.

So...how about 97+steering wheel with radio controls?

Best you can do is a Firebird wheel with swrc. The 97+ may have a different design. Not sure but I know F body steering wheels swap.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

negative. positive, dieletrw8q09w09

clarity:

a 94-96 GP can accept the 97-00 GP steering wheel. However, the 97 GP is the only airbag that can be used in 94-96, as 98 went to dual stage with a different plug. I have this mod in my 96 GP. Also, the 00 steering wheel controls are rumored to be better quality that previous years.

Firebird might be the same part, but i don't have that much info. besides, 97 GPs are much more common for parts.

Edited by Crazy K

Might as well go for the 3400 heads, rocker arms and exhaust manifolds to go along with the U and L intake manifolds and complete the top swap.

Look into the 3400 top swap on a 3100 and it will give you some better insight into the mod. It bolts on but depending on the year of vehicle the 3100 came out of will determine what other things need to be done to get it to work. The 3400 is almost a direct replacement to the 3100 but for my car I`ll need to get a 3.4 LQ1 computer and have the prom worked so I can still use the OBD1 system and also there is a coolant temp sensor on the rear cylinder head that needs re-wired to prevent a CEL light IIRC.

Jay has done the swap and explained things to me awhile back so I may have left something out but I believe the full 3100-3400 top swap will need a bit more than just bolting on parts and matching gaskets.(That's trimming the insides of the gasket ports to match the manifolds, Dremel tool works best for this for me and don't do it on the engine to where stuff falls into the engine.)

http://60degreev6.com/forum/showthread.php/51475-3400-top-end-swap There's a few good old top swap threads here but I found this one first. Other top swap threads on that forum as well.

Edited by rich_e777

• 3 weeks later...