1992 Cutlass convertible drivers fender

olds65

Hey guys.

Never done this before so Id like to get an idea on how to take off the drivers side fender on my 1992 cutlass convertible. Any things to look for, tips, etc. Anything would be great. Its all completely stock too. I havent started taking it apart yet but Id like some sort of an idea before I do. I need time to do it anyway. Thanks in advance!

It's very straight forward. There are four bolts that hold on the bumper that you get from under the car. There are one or two screws that hold on the cladding then that comes off by pulling it up.

I cant recall if there is a bolt there or not that holds on the fender under the cladding. I am thinking not. That cladding may not even have to come off.

Pop the hood and remove the bolts on the fender. After that it should be ready to come off.

The front bumper cover or nose is easy enough, getting it back on is the hardest part unless you have someone to help. I have to replace both of mine and had a tiny obscure thread awhile back, I still haven't come across a decent donor set. Everything has been damaged or its a 4 door sedan Cutlass.

Some info someone posted was about getting the final gap even and they said to use wood shims to space out before you finish torqueing down the bolts.

The front bumper cover or nose is easy enough, getting it back on is the hardest part unless you have someone to help. I have to replace both of mine and had a tiny obscure thread awhile back, I still haven't come across a decent donor set. Everything has been damaged or its a 4 door sedan Cutlass.

Some info someone posted was about getting the final gap even and they said to use wood shims to space out before you finish torqueing down the bolts.

I used some rubber washers a year ago to get my front bumper to line up perfectly and it has held up.

I can get the front bumper off pretty fast. Seems like the rear one always gives me trouble.