Newbie Here

City_Slycker

Ahhh, Medium Malechite Metallic, just like mine was before I wrecked it. Looks exactly like my car except the 96 has a painted grille. No ground effects available but I modified Grand Am rocker covers for it.

Diggin' the rims.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks! Do ya got pictures of yours before wrecked? What year grand am did you use rocker panels from?

Sorry I didn't see this post sooner Bro, There's some pics in "My Vehicles" in my profile, but it'd smashed in them. The pics of the right side show the Grand Am rocker covers, the donor car was about a 2000? I had a tape measure. They need a couple triangles cut underneath, and a heat gun to soften them and straighten them out. Also I had to make some spacers between them and the underside of the car. Got the panel-hole-clip-things from E-bay to go into the face of the rockers.

Interesting that no one has said this yet, but the O.P. could easily swap a S1 3800 S/C into your 95. Thats' the easiest swap. L67 can be done too, but it would require an OBD 2 conversion, or at the very least PCM integration.

Just throwing it out there.

Interesting that no one has said this yet, but the O.P. could easily swap a S1 3800 S/C into your 95. Thats' the easiest swap. L67 can be done too, but it would require an OBD 2 conversion, or at the very least PCM integration.

Likely, but man, OBD-II diagnostics are just so nice, and S2 engines/parts/upgrades are somewhat more readily available. So much more for so little extra effort.

Do you know engine numbers to know what S1 3800 SC to put in it?

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

Either way, you're gonna have to change engine, transmission and axles most likely, computer, wiring harness. I'd rather go with the more powerful series 2. It's not hard to convert to OBD2 either, so I've heard.

Post a couple pics under the hood and I'll tell you how close the wiring harness shape is to a 96. Mine was c100 plug right rear, PCM and UEC right front. If it's the same as mine you can pick up a 96 harness and mod that, it'll already be real close to L67. If you look at my profile and go through my older posts there's talk about my whole swap in various places. Our cars are mechanically identical, just the harness is different. I'd do the later HD tranny too, there's going to be one in any L67 car you find and it's got shift points that can be adjusted in the PCM.

The last couple posts do have a point, if you have to fabricate, might as well go big.

Pshojo has done an OBD2 conversion on his Cutlass Supreme, but he went from an 3.4 (LQ1) to a Series 1 L26.

The link is here.

http://www.w-body.com/showthread.php/75655-3-4-DOHC-to-L26-Swap-OBDI-to-OBD-II

In his case, he kept the 4T60E, but I think it would be wise to upgrade to a 4T65E HD. I assume the axles can come out of a 1998-2000 Lumina/Monte Carlo with the normal 4T65E and 3800, but IDK if they will work with the Regal's drivetrain (other front wheel components). I'm assuming they pop in fine to the HD trans, and I'm assuming they're the same lengths, but I'm not 100% sure.

Man, this stuff is tricky, it seems to me like the 95 Regal is in the middle! I'll get a picture posted of the motor.

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

Man, this stuff is tricky, it seems to me like the 95 Regal is in the middle! I'll get a picture posted of the motor.

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

I'm assuming this is your first build. It's hard at first, it's hard to do, but if you're passioniate about it, it's not difficult, just challenging.

All 95 cars are tricky, mostly because 95 was the last year before OBD was upgraded. I don't think they really meant to have 2 OBD systems, but it just happened that way since they didn't forsee the issue of having each manufacturer have its own OBD systems instead of a universal one like how it is now.

Your engine should be an L26 btw. What engine you have now doesn't really matter for the L67 swap. Your biggest roadblocks are the transmission and the PCM.

I'm assuming this is your first build. It's hard at first, it's hard to do, but if you're passioniate about it, it's not difficult, just challenging.

All 95 cars are tricky, mostly because 95 was the last year before OBD was upgraded. I don't think they really meant to have 2 OBD systems, but it just happened that way since they didn't forsee the issue of having each manufacturer have its own OBD systems instead of a universal one like how it is now.

Your engine should be an L26 btw. What engine you have now doesn't really matter for the L67 swap. Your biggest roadblocks are the transmission and the PCM.

Yeah this is my first build with a Regal. From what it says on Wikipedia I have a L27 motor. Why does everyone keep referring to a L26?

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

Yeah this is my first build with a Regal. From what it says on Wikipedia I have a L27 motor. Why does everyone keep referring to a L26?

City Slycker !☆¡☆!

Because I should be sleeping and I keep hitting the 6 instead of the 7. You are right though, S1 was the L27, S2 was the L36 and S3 became the L26...

Well, you know a big project like this will take time... Do you have another car to transport yourself around in while you do surgery on your Regal?