Complete brand new front strut assemblies

Buick666

So i'm looking right now on rockauto.com and can't seem to find any full front shock assemblies for my Regal.

Is there another site that sells some or i'm stuck buying everything a part??

Thanks!

The fronts use a cartrigue, wont b any assembies available

Okay... then what parts do i need to rebuild my front shocks??

I'm looking on rockauto as we speak and i'm a little lost.... i'm used to J-Bodies. haha :D

To replace the front shock cartridges you need this.......

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/otc-4533

they are replaced *in the car*, one doesn't have to remove the struts from the car to service them, although the process can be difficult if the strut cap retainer doesn't come apart with relative ease.

i bought the GM j-tools to do the job, i searched ebay and bought them. i would just buy what is in the link above from summit and have an impact gun on stand by

I just did mine . The hex head might be obsolete. If so u gonna need the universal strut removel tool. U need one of the "double d" adaptors. Mine was next to biggest double d. Their were 4 sizes. 3 trips to part store to figure it out. Hope that helps. Good luck

If you remove just the cartridge then you need strut mount, bumper, and bellows. If.you remove the entire assembly and take it apart you can also replace the lower spring seat and isolator with a mount kit from AutoZone

If you remove just the cartridge then you need strut mount, bumper, and bellows. If.you remove the entire assembly and take it apart you can also replace the lower spring seat and isolator with a mount kit from AutoZone

here you go

• 2 weeks later...