Looking for Jeff M

ACTdryice

Last I talked to him, he was having some serious health issues. I believe he succumbed to those health issues, his phone got disconnected, and all.

Oh wow. I didn't know anyone had talked to him that "recently". I haven't seen him active on any forums in years. Then again, I haven't exactly been ultra active myself, so it's quite possible I may have missed something.

He was on the AMG forums, owned a CLK63 Black Series, but still had both the 4 and 2 door TGP's. I actually found him by accident when I was looking at the "other cars" section one day, but Dec was the last I talked to him. I messaged him a while back on there (summer 2013) and got no response.

I decided to do a little sleuth work, and found this on his profile on MBWorld.org.

Jeff M.

• Last Activity: 12-21-2013 06:05 PM

He might still be around.

Edited by tornado_735

I knew Jeff's love changed to CLK Mercedes, but I found it kind of odd that he's abandoned TGP discussion and forums completely. I guess sometimes quitting cold turkey is the best way.

Kind of odd that he's not very active on the MBWorld forums either. Not like he used to be here, anyway.

IIRC he got pissed about several things. The community itself was young and some were not really nice to him(I've read the threads). The 8f hack became publicly available(2005) and he and another member had a few issues(lawyers needed). Lastly I think several figured out the TGP was not the next GN. That's just my two cents tho. I wish him the best and would love to pick his brain on some TGP stuff.

I've personally spent time searching, found a blurb he posted somewhere, and I do forget where. But it was basically he got sick of a lot of the "kids" that were more interested in kill stories and a cheap fast car then they were anything else, got sick of answering their dumb questions that were answered in documents he provided them with chips. He also got tired of the MB crowd being afraid of opening their own hood without the dealer doing it for them.

I know he helped me through tons of issues with my first TGP. with the packet that came with the chip and emails, that shit was priceless. I remember it taking me forever to get that car to run right. I believe it would have never happened without his help. There would be way less TGP's out there if it wasn't for Jeff M, he did his service for the time he was needed most and now this community is a great place as a direct result of that.

I believe it would have never happened without his help. There would be way less TGP's out there if it wasn't for Jeff M, he did his service for the time he was needed most and now this community is a great place as a direct result of that.

I wasn't nearly as interested in the TGP's as much when I first joined this site compared to now, but from what I read back then this statement is 100% true