Fixing fender flares

gambler87

If these are anything like the tgp, there is a metal arch piece that holds them on. Some of the rivets may have broken or rusted off, you won't know till you pop the flare off. But again, I dot know if the design in 95 was different

the arches are held to the car with shitty plastic fasteners. I made some custom fasteners using a grinder and bolts.... I ground the bolt heads to mimic the wedge shape of the plastic fastener and used nuts on the backside to secure them in place.

I need to document what i have done and do more research. I used what I had on hand which was stainless steel, but next time I want to try using nylon nuts and bolts.

It has no metal piece, it looks like the flare itself has a 3/4 circle and then the clip on the body has a small circle protruding from it with a long piece off of one side of it. It looks like u just push the flare to the fender and turn the clip half turn to "lock" it in

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

It has no metal piece, it looks like the flare itself has a 3/4 circle and then the clip on the body has a small circle protruding from it with a long piece off of one side of it. It looks like u just push the flare to the fender and turn the clip half turn to "lock" it in

Correct, same for all 94-96. I made homemade fasteners out of bolts. Had to pull the wheel well liner off to complete with lock nuts on the inside of the fender. On the rear, I was able to go through the vent slot, or in the trunk. By the gas door remains an issue due to lack of rear access.

Is there a way u could post a pic of the bolts and fasteners u used. I was thinking of 3m double sided taping the flare to the body and then just reclipping it onto the fender. Then if the clips turn out again the tape should at least hold the flare on

I would not be opposed to Velcro-ing the flare back on. It sounds a little crazy and stupid but if you adhesive holds the strips to the metal and plastic why not? If you need some of the plastic clips I`ll be heading to a junkyard in a week or so and can grab a hand full.

Seen duct tape on a rocker panel that didn't look as bad as it sounds so just thinking up ideas, its only crazy if it doesn't work right?

I would like a picture of a clip/fastener that is pulled out of the car as I do not know how they fasten the flare onto the body. Thanks

Is there a way u could post a pic of the bolts and fasteners u used. I was thinking of 3m double sided taping the flare to the body and then just reclipping it onto the fender. Then if the clips turn out again the tape should at least hold the flare on

Ask again when it isn't below zero? I do want to make a few out of nylon bolts.... perhaps I could find my extra flare and make one for that?

• 1 month later...

I now have a loose fender flare, I will be doing the project asap... once the cold goes away and hell stops freezing over. I recall only doing my mod on the rears, not the fronts on my car... but i do need it on all clips.