whole dop end performance job

Guest Eurolumina92

Guest Eurolumina92

I plan to get a performance cam triple valve springs and performance push rods in my lumina 3.1 but i don't know what lifters to get?????????

and also what is the best for valve size the bigest i can get on in take and exaust or one smaller than the other all in put would be nice thanks ryan

Springs wont give any performance and pushrods wont either. If you do valves you'll have to machine the heads and have new seats put in

The only way they would , is if you plan on adding a turbo. If no boost, he is absolutly right, those parts wont yeild you much (if anything at all). In a normally aspirated engine, you would (IMO) get more gains for you dollar from a 3 angle valve job , and a more aggressive cam. If you go with a Cam kit, usually the lifters come with the kit. What you want to look for to gain performance, is any part of the engine that will reduce friction/improve air flow. Valvetrain is a good place to start. The efficiency of the heads is where you make your power.

Your best bet is getting a 3 or 5 angle valve job combined with port and polish of both the heads and the plenum. If you do that and have a free flowing exhaust system i bet you could gain 20-30hp maybe? I could be off but thats my guess.