Z34 Front End

D M N

the swap looks damned good, just whatever you do, dont call it a Z34, just call it a sexy ass euro. Calling it a Z34 in a way degrades the Z34 guys.

i mean, look at jays, his car looks awesome!!!

and i respect him for the work that it took, even if he is a biatch :twisted:

what you have to remember is that is almost a z34, actually besides your BAD ASS 3.4 liter mine is better than a 2 door z34. I don't have to move to let people in, my motor is easy to work on, and my suspension and braking is better than a stock Z34. so just leave it at that. ask Jeremy from owosso how my car looks, it sits nice, has great suspension, has z34 parts, interior parts, dash (soon) and soon tohave Corbeau buckets and a TGP console and DIC. Does a stock Z34 have that? No Does it make mine better? IMO yes it does, i consider my car a cruiser Z34 not the "fast enought to beat mustang Z, as you say aaron) but thanks for the kind words about my car, and i'll leave it at that, i think we've talked about it long enough, who cares Aaron besides you? later Jay

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• D M N

• J

• Aaron

• Baddflash

Top Posters In This Topic

ITS COKE YOU BIATCH!!!

anyway, it just bugs me. and i know your car has better suspension(which i want) and brakes, but it still isnt a Z and it just gets to me. oh well, no big deal.

the swap looks damned good, just whatever you do, dont call it a Z34, just call it a sexy ass euro. Calling it a Z34 in a way degrades the Z34 guys.

what you have to remember is that is almost a z34, actually besides your BAD ASS 3.4 liter mine is better than a 2 door z34. I don't have to move to let people in, my motor is easy to work on, and my suspension and braking is better than a stock Z34. so just leave it at that. ask Jeremy from owosso how my car looks, it sits nice, has great suspension, has z34 parts, interior parts, dash (soon) and soon tohave Corbeau buckets and a TGP console and DIC. Does a stock Z34 have that? No Does it make mine better? IMO yes it does, i consider my car a cruiser Z34 not the "fast enought to beat mustang Z, as you say aaron) but thanks for the kind words about my car, and i'll leave it at that, i think we've talked about it long enough, who cares Aaron besides you? later Jay

Easy to work on???? are you kidding man these engines scare the shit out of me.... owell i'll stick on modifyin my 88 305 TBI camaro

Easy to work on???? are you kidding man these engines scare the shit out of me.... owell i'll stick on modifyin my 88 305 TBI camaro

my motor is easy to work on it's a 3.1

The 3.4 isn't that hard to work on once you get used to it. It's just different, and can appear very complicated at first.

Besides, it's not like you have to work on your car everyday, so the little more time it takes me to do a job is well worth the 70 hp advantage I have over the 3.1...

Well guys, the Euro to Z34 conversion is my specialty. I have all the body parts and what not, most of them on now. I'm just waiting for some $$ to paint her this coming Spring.

The 3.4 isn't that hard to work on once you get used to it. It's just different, and can appear very complicated at first.

Besides, it's not like you have to work on your car everyday, so the little more time it takes me to do a job is well worth the 70 hp advantage I have over the 3.1...

I'm gonna take the chance of getting tarred and feathered here and say I hate the 3.4 with a passion. I wish I could have taken the one out of my Cutlass Supreme and used it as a boat anchor.

93GTP you should make a more detailed thread about how you made your cold air intake

such as

Time:

Expense:

Parts:

Tools:

What was modified:

Extent of Modification:

etc. etc. etc.

93GTP you should make a more detailed thread about how you made your cold air intake

such as

Time:

Expense:

Parts:

Tools:

What was modified:

Extent of Modification:

etc. etc. etc.

SEARCH-SEARCH-SEARCH-SEARCH-SEARCH

time: too long, took a lot of customizing, ie cutting a small metal piece out, moving a horn, moving a vacuum canister, battery in trunk, etc.

Money: like 170 for the intake, whatever it costs to move the battery.

parts: needed??? nothing really, just the battery cables and the new battery box.

tools: metal cutters, hammer, prybar. screwdriver for hose clamps, then some sockets for relocated some crap.

modified: a small metal bracket that blocks off the place where the intake goes, just some cutting and sanding and it was out. the front horn i moved to underneath the new intake so i didnt have to lenghen the wires to it. i moved the vacuum canister to under my washer tank. think thats it. hope you dont have dialup:

1-3-1-1044774197?m=1&pg=0&ro=2&co=0

1-4-1-1053991736?m=1&pg=0&ro=3&co=0

1-4-4-1057303946?m=1&pg=0&ro=3&co=3

and my final pick is in my sig. there are 3 of us with the intake, that GP above, and lolumz34

such as

Time:

Expense:

Parts:

Tools:

What was modified:

Extent of Modification:

etc. etc. etc.

time: too long, took a lot of customizing, ie cutting a small metal piece out, moving a horn, moving a vacuum canister, battery in trunk, etc.

parts: needed??? nothing really, just the battery cables and the new battery box.

tools: metal cutters, hammer, prybar. screwdriver for hose clamps, then some sockets for relocated some crap.

modified: a small metal bracket that blocks off the place where the intake goes, just some cutting and sanding and it was out. the front horn i moved to underneath the new intake so i didnt have to lenghen the wires to it. i moved the vacuum canister to under my washer tank. think thats it. hope you dont have dialup:

and my final pick is in my sig. there are 3 of us with the intake, that GP above, and lolumz34

such as

Time:

Expense:

Parts:

Tools:

What was modified:

Extent of Modification:

etc. etc. etc.

Thanks but See thats my problem i know you have threads about it but your pictures dont work i do have broadband but your pictures are just boxes??

Does anyone else no see them or is it just me??

There is indeed a bit of work to installing the Cold Air Intake.

First off, like Aaron said, battery relocation is a key aspect. I got my kit off ebay for around 50 dollars. It's a great kit and it's very complete.

To install a battery relocation kit, there are a few things you need to keep in mind, such as how and where you're going to run the positive lead from the front of the car to the trunk. When I ran my wire, I had engine apart, so I ran it through the firewall through a grommet you can't normally access. Here is a pic of that:

103-0321_IMG-2.JPG

To join this wire to the existing battery cable, all I did was install a connector from the kit on the cable, and bolt it to the stock wire using the stock bolt and a couple of washers and a nut.

For the ground wire, I simply bolted the stock battery cable right onto the body of the car. There is a place for a bolt to go into in the battery tray that is normally used for a battery hold-down, which is what I used. In fear of this not being a good enough ground, I then found an old ground wire off another car, and bolted this to the transmission, and sandwiched it between the body and the battery cable I just spoke about.

So in the trunk I just ran a ground wire off the battery directly to the body, thus grounding the entire car, and using the car itself as a wire (which is why you only have to run one cable back to the trunk).

The biggest PITA about the job is the bracket that resides in the fenderwell where the intake has to go, this normally supports the bumper cover, making it stiffer.

I completely removed this bracket (which was really annyoing and took a bit of time because its spotweleded in 2 places). After I removed it, it gave me a ton of clearance, but I need some way to resupport the bumper cover, a place to mount the vacuum reservoir, and a way to hold up the plastic lower splash shield (which normally had another bracket run down off the bracket I removed from the fender). So in all cases to replace what I had removed, I just bought a long piece of aluminum stock (1" wide by 1/16" thick) and made all the custom brackets I needed out of that. Here you'll have to use some ingenuity. I don't have any pics of the brackets I made.

But here is a pic of the bracket I removed from the fenderwell:

103-0368_IMG.JPG

Some other small things you need to do to install the intake are:

-Lengthen the stock plastic hose that runs from the rear valve cover to the intake. All you have to do here is cut the stock one, and add in some rubber hose.

-Modify the windshield wash container. You just have to trim off a little bit that normally raps down around the battery terminal.

-Move one horn. Once again just use some ingenuity.

If you have any more questions just ask.

only the hood, and bumpers, the spoiler is sort of hard to fit, and the grille doens't have hole for the bottom of it but besides that it'll work and you'll need the side skirts from razzi. later Jay

how much should i pay for new bumpers and a grillie i have a spoiler and i kind of like it so i'll keep it

It's all gonna depend on the yard and location.. around here, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for the bumpers and 20 for the grill.. and all that depends on the shape everything is in.

how much should i pay for new bumpers and a grillie i have a spoiler and i kind of like it so i'll keep it

It's all gonna depend on the yard and location.. around here, I wouldn't pay more than $100 for the bumpers and 20 for the grill.. and all that depends on the shape everything is in.

Thanks that what i needed to know

• 3 weeks later...

I would eventually like to add the Z34 bodywork to my Lummie as well. Especially since there are no bodykits available for it that I am aware of... I really like the "lowering effect" it gives the car,very sweet looking! I'd also like some kind of subtle hood treatment...the "Z" louvres are cool but I'd like some kind of "ram-air" looking hood scoop.

ClubGP sells some boss looking ram air hoods for the 97-up GP's...one like that would be cool I think.

There is a place that makes GFX kits, its called RAZZI. Looks terrible though.

A ram air hood off a 97+ GP would look bad, the ram air scoops are too curvy and wouldn't match the lines of the car.

there is no such thing as ram air (well superchargers) just to clear that up. I dont think its possible to go fast enough where the vacume of the intake would be weak enough where you could actually ram air into your car. Owell just to clear up Ram-air hood is just a Cold air intake hood, if its functinal