USB Port with Stock Radio

pshojo

Has anyone used any kits to install USB port to their radio? I rented a car and all it had was USB port and I selected "AUX" and i could run pandora and charge my phone at the same time. There has to be a way to hook up one to a stock radio?

doing it over the 1/8" audio jack has been done for quite a while.

Does anyone have instructions/ diagrams/ video to install 1/8" audio jack on the '94 Cutlass vert OEM stereo?

Edited by George

I have seen some on you tube, unfortunately not my exact stereo. I understand the principal, inert the plug into the stereo, cut off the radio broadcast and transfer to the aux input. I am a dufas when it comes to electronical stuff so if it's not the same, I don't think I want to attempt it.

Sorry, I was under the impression that the link would be useful to both pshojo, AND the other poster.

If that constitutes "thread jacking", I apologize.

If you just get a different radio you can have Bluetooth, USB, and a 3.5mm jack along with better speaker amplification for around 100 bucks. It is by no means a permanent modification and you can always be switched back to the stock radio. Alpine makes a great unit that does all of these things.

Actually a different radio would sound nicer. Different radio means adaptor kit, ect. And I am kind of cheap at least for my daily driver. The CD player quit and I'm trying to figure out cheap way of playing other than radio.

Unless ss someone has spare working olds CD player? I've bought two and neither works??

I ended up giving up on used ones, and bought an NOS factory stereo with CD and cassette about 3 years ago...but that's probably well outside of what you'd want to spend.

Actually a different radio would sound nicer. Different radio means adaptor kit, ect. And I am kind of cheap at least for my daily driver. The CD player quit and I'm trying to figure out cheap way of playing other than radio.

Unless ss someone has spare working olds CD player? I've bought two and neither works??