Spotted AC Delco Rapidfire sparkplugs for $1.00 at Wal-Mart

GnatGoSplat

I think Wal-Mart is no longer going to carry AC Delco (bummer).

However, I noticed the Super Wal-Mart has Rapidfire plugs on clearance for $1.00/pk (2 per pack). So $3.00 gets you a full set of Rapidfires.

The catch is my Wal-Mart only had #3 and #14. These were in a special clearance isle close to the pet supplies and pharmacy area.

#14 is the plug for 3800 Series I and 3800 Series II engines. I need #8's... if you can get #8's at your local Wal-mart and need some #14's, I'll gladly go get some and swap ya. :)

how odd

as when i was into the walmart about an hour from me all they had was 5's. about 50 of them i bet.

i too got excited on the price til i saw what they had on the display.

oh well.

Monty

yeah now i have to go to C.A.P. to buy over priced AC DELCO oil filters. Seems like FRAM is wanting to start a monolpoly buy signing some contract with wal-mart to carry fram S H I T only.

You need Rapidfire #8's. That's the correct plug for 2.8/3.1/3.4 including TGP. At least that's what it says on the AC Delco site.

I don't buy FRAM either. I wish Wal-mart still carried AC Delco, their prices were very reasonable on the Delco filters and plugs.

I guess AC Delco must have gone cheap and contracted with Champion labs to make their filters. The AC Delco's I used to get at Wal-Mart had the anti-drainback valve close to the opening and were truly a unique design. They were like the ones in the minimopar oil filter study.

I've been using SuperTech though, because I know they're Champion filters which are a pretty good filter. Much better than Fram!