94 Vert Wheel ??'s

ILoveSun

Hey Greg, I believe hub centric means the wheel fits snugly on the hub and lug centric means the wheel is located by the lug nuts. I have 3/16 in flat spacers on the rear of mine (94 Vert). The hub is thick enough to still engage / center the wheel. I'm not sure at what thickness you would need hub centric spacers and longer studs? Any one running 1/2 in or thicker spacers chime in, what's the scoop?

I have the plate kind and they work just fine as long as you have plenty of threads left on the studs. Ran them on my cutlass for years no issues, have them on the front and back of my GTP just fine.

Stock wheels are hub centric, most aftermarket wheels probably wont be for you, but I would just suggest checking the torque on the lugs after about 100 miles or so just to be safe (Mine have always been fine so I don't usually check anymore)

You can get a set of adjustable lateral links from gen2+ w body and stick the entire rear suspension out by placing the rear (longer) lateral link in the front of your rear suspension and putting the adjustable lateral links on the rear of the rear suspension. The adjustable links can accommodate the extra width with no problem.

From top to bottom- gen1 front link, gen1 rear link, gen2 adjustable link.

post-2048-143689144239_thumb.jpg

Not to mention gen 2 links are FAR superior to gen 1s :)

You can get a set of adjustable lateral links from gen2+ w body and stick the entire rear suspension out by placing the rear (longer) lateral link in the front of your rear suspension and putting the adjustable lateral links on the rear of the rear suspension. The adjustable links can accommodate the extra width with no problem.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14354[/ATTACH]

This may be a noob type question, but wouldn't doing so adversely affect the alignment of the rear wheels?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14354[/ATTACH]

To answer Galaxie500XL's question- they are adjustable, as long as you can adjust your camber (elongate the bottom holes on your struts or just get aftermarket ones that come with elongated holes), the rest will be a breeze when you bring your car to the shop for alignment.

Edited by Miko K

The rear track is likely narrower to reduce understeer, which these cars have plenty of. If you widen the rear track, you'll probably want to do something else to compensate for the increased understeer like a thicker rear stabilizer bar or stiffer rear springs. You could also run narrower rear tires like GM did with the Grand Prix GXP, although I don't think that's as aesthetically pleasing.