91 Z34 dash pad

davidarel

I am sure this has been asked and answerd many times, so call me ignorant if you want.

Is there any way to "fix" the problem with the upper dash pad peeling and curling up from the defrost vent. If not, how or where can I find a good replacement.

im not sure if that one has be brought up before.

I have seen where people put aftermarket dash carpets.

if its vinal use some armarol to protect it and i would think get a Qtip and glue and carefully glue it back down..

i dont own a z34 and im having a hard time pictureing what the exact problem is so dont take my comments to heart. just wait to see what other people have to say about this. Hey maybe there is someone who knows exactly what your talking about.

i know exactly what you're talking about cause my cutty's dash is fooked too! I can't think of a way to fix it other than get a new one that's in better shape or glue it. Is your plastic grille thing at least staying in place or has is completely come out like mine?

my vent is pretty much just sitting there in the hole. I have heard of people that acutally tried to glue it back down but ended up buying another because the glue never held. If somebody can point me in the right direction to get a new one that would be great.

someone i know used strong glue (dunno what kind) and heavy clothers pins for the edge taht was peeling, seeme dto work pretty good, what a lot of the guys do around here tho is tint the windshield in like 35% platinum tint, it'll stop all that shit and the cops don't notice cuz it looks like the catera glass. later jay

new ones are like $300+ from the dealer.

the original ower of my car made the dealer replace mine 2 times in 2 yrs. for free 8) .. I keep mine covered or under the carport to avoid them warping ...

the original ower of my car made the dealer replace mine 2 times in 2 yrs. for free 8) .. I keep mine covered or under the carport to avoid them warping ...

more pics of your car PLEASE! the car domain site didn't work! thats a bad ass lumina! JAY

more pics of your car PLEASE! the car domain site didn't work! thats a bad ass lumina! JAY

I see what you mean the Cardomain site is down again ... ack :( ,

I've been watching your car build thru CD as well Looks Very Nice! :peace:

I don't have any pictures currently on my RR server of the Car, but If CD it's back up soon I may have too.

Humm try this link --- http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/355606

this one seems to work for now anyway

Mark

355606_30_full.jpg

Damn... i thought i had the nicest 90 Euro on the board... but I got the coupe :?

Looks good to Me ... :D

Dude, how much did it cost to get those rims don? They are gorgeous and would look good with my new paint job.

Damn... i thought i had the nicest 90 Euro on the board... but I got the coupe :?

Looks good to Me ... :D

Dude, how much did it cost to get those rims don? They are gorgeous and would look good with my new paint job.

Thanks 8)

Well I did most myself, with a little help from a friend. mostly advice and tips and they look better each time I clean them. I had a set done once for like $150 from a guy at a Tire/Wheel place he told me how to do it.

Check this post out as well ... http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9156 got a lot of tips and how too

later , Mark

You can try contact cement to hold it down. Unless the cover has shrunk away from the opening like mins has.

I've used contact cement on parts of the dash pad that has curled and its held up pretty well.

the contact cement might work really well... but i still say try silicone. Might take longer to dry, but it shouldn't dry out in the heat and should be flexible enough to withstand any expanding or shrinking in heat and cold weather. I'm gonna try it on mine this weekend and post the results as soon as i can.