Need Help 97 Cutlass Supreme SL

TheLazyRocket

I bought my Cutlass and it always had a tape stuck in the tape deck, the CD player doesn't work. So I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the stuck tape? Only the radio works, I have a FM transmitter to listen to my MP3 but I have to turn everything on and off when I get in and out. Using the tape player would be lots better. Any tips?

I'd just replace it with a working stock unit. They're super cheap nowadays. I have one that the CD works, but there's a tape stuck in it and I've done everything short of breaking it to get it out.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CD+-+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B-Ready+-+In-Dash+Deck+with+Detachable+Faceplate/7548041.p?id=1218851194852&skuId=7548041&st=car%20stereo&cp=2&lp=12

Love my JVC unit. Didn't have issues with stock deck but aftermarket decks have better amps and more features. I found my stock speakers were crap as well and I changed them all to Polks and now its sounds awesome.

Yeah ditch that dinosaur ;) seriously compared to aftermarket units stock head units are pure crap

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/CD+-+Apple%26%23174%3B+iPod%26%23174%3B-Ready+-+In-Dash+Deck+with+Detachable+Faceplate/7548041.p?id=1218851194852&skuId=7548041&st=car%20stereo&cp=2&lp=12

Love my JVC unit. Didn't have issues with stock deck but aftermarket decks have better amps and more features. I found my stock speakers were crap as well and I changed them all to Polks and now its sounds awesome.

Not sure i have any tips. My 93 cutlass had the same problem when I bought it. I kept pushing the eject button and low and behold it finally ejected the ruined tape. I eventually took the radio out of the car and sent off the radio for repair. these radios are popular at local junk yards and you may be able to get a stock replacement for fairly cheap if you wish to keep the factory look and sound system.