1996 Regal Wheel well trim?

Imp558

post-4528-143689138352_thumb.jpg

Smacked the Regal hard last winter and finally getting paint this week (PPG B/C GM Black). The car was in a hailstorm long before I bought it so we had many little dents everywhere along with the damage from the accident and the little dents from 17 years of life. All in all it looks beautiful so far but I can't seem to find replacement trim pieces for around the wheel wells and everything I find up here has dents from people kicking ice from the wheelwells. Anybody know where I can buy them or if there's a descent aftermarket 1" molding I can use? New chrome to insert in the bumpers comes from Rockauto.com if anybody's interested.

post-4528-143689138327_thumb.jpg

post-4528-143689138339_thumb.jpg

Any idea what years of Regal used the same trim? There are usually a few of them in junkyards around here, and we don't usually have ice that needs kicking.

• 2 weeks later...

Jcwhitney

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]13808[/ATTACH]

Smacked the Regal hard last winter and finally getting paint this week (PPG B/C GM Black). The car was in a hailstorm long before I bought it so we had many little dents everywhere along with the damage from the accident and the little dents from 17 years of life. All in all it looks beautiful so far but I can't seem to find replacement trim pieces for around the wheel wells and everything I find up here has dents from people kicking ice from the wheelwells. Anybody know where I can buy them or if there's a descent aftermarket 1" molding I can use? New chrome to insert in the bumpers comes from Rockauto.com if anybody's interested.

Thanks for the offer Galaxie500XL, I 'm going to try the Pull-a-Parts in Cleveland in a couple of weeks and see how I make out first. JCW only offers aftermarket universal trim which could be my salvation but I'm trying to avoid loading more chrome onto it. What I'm really hoping to find is a repro or NOS source. These things are so easy to damage even the ones I've pulled so far have little dents in them just from pulling them off.post-4528-143689139334_thumb.jpg I'm almost assembled now but the bumpers need to come back off so he can paint the bumpers, sidemolding and rocker covers next weekend. It rolled through a PA. state inspection on it's first try, something I've never had a car do before!

• 4 weeks later...

Scored 3 and have a usable 4th! Also the earlier Regal had a chrome/black trim I kind of like better if only the black wasn't peeling from every one I found. I did make a rash decision and had to choose between a good looking 1996 Grille or a 1993 Grille. The 93 was a little meaner and this car isn't much like GM intended it so it won. Just contemplating how aweful it would look if I epoxy a 96 Tri-Shield into the center like a '96? Neither of these pics are my car.post-4528-143689142008_thumb.jpg

post-4528-143689141997_thumb.jpg

I do too for the most part, the Regal is my 4th Buick and if I ever desired a tatoo it would certainly be a Tri-Shield on my chest, well, or ohms law on my forearm where I can read it. But anyway the vertical lines are more hardcore Buick for me, but the second one looks more aggressive on this particular car now that it's all black and I took that Buick script off and will shoot the grille black as well.

Ah the vader look ;)

I do too for the most part, the Regal is my 4th Buick and if I ever desired a tatoo it would certainly be a Tri-Shield on my chest, well, or ohms law on my forearm where I can read it. But anyway the vertical lines are more hardcore Buick for me, but the second one looks more aggressive on this particular car now that it's all black and I took that Buick script off and will shoot the grille black as well.

Yeah, I think this is going to look pretty badass once it's all black, notched the 96 symbol and stuck it on there to see what I thought of it and it looked pretty natural to me.post-4528-143689142203_thumb.jpg