1989 -90 TGP radiator help!

ACTdryice

Okay, just got a quote to rebuild my radiator... $800.!! Does this sound sane to anybody out there??

Does anyone have an alternative suggestion? Any input would be helpful.

rip off. couple hundred. just take it to a shop that does that. a radiator shop. not another shop that is just going to remove yours and take it there, and mark it up. and rip you off.

I'll post something that has been covered before several years back when discussing TGP radiators: You might get quoted a better price if you don't tell them what it's from. Just take the radiator in or give them the dimensions/spec by phone. Our radiators were REALLY expensive before they were discontinued years ago. If they have access to information about the stock ones, then they're likely going to use that as a reference to price gouge you. If I need a recore within the next few years, I don't think I'm willing to put anything more than $300 into the stock radiator. If you can't find anyone to recore it for a reasonable price, I'd measure the stock radiator and then start looking at universal aluminum radiators and/or radiators intended for other applications that are close enough to fit.

Thanks, I was low key about what car it was from, but when I showed up in a newer Lincoln navigator I think they smelled blood in he water( it's shark week) I'm not in a rush, I'm not rich either. So no need to let them shove it up my ass sideways...

Pretty much any website that offers a radiator for one of these cars is offering up a N/A one, there is no way I'd pay $800 for one.

I have a bunch of core radiators. I should get a quote sometime to get one repaired, there is a shop right up the road from my place.

Is an LQ1 radiator up the the job? I don't know the specifics for the turbo radiator, but do know the LQ1 radiator in my Cutlass is larger than the radiator they originally tried to sell me at Advance Auto Parts, which was for a 3.1...

Pretty much any website that offers a radiator for one of these cars is offering up a N/A one, there is no way I'd pay $800 for one.

I have a bunch of core radiators. I should get a quote sometime to get one repaired, there is a shop right up the road from my place.

TGP radiator is TGP specific because it is narrower to allow the intercooler to sit beside it.

Sent from my Motorola Dynatac 8000x using Tapatalk