fix-a-flat

Chinski

I got a flat tire thursday night. Figures it was snowing hard out when it happened. :evil: My front left tire had a plug in it before and I think it kinda poped out or something, cause I lost ALL the air in the tire real quick while driving. I pulled over and busted out the air pump I keep in my trunk, but no luck, it wouldn't inflate at all. So then I decided to use the can of Fix-A-Flat that was also in my trunk. It didn't inflate the tire at first, so i drove slowly around the parkinglot that I had pulled off into and it sealed it up and lifted the rim off the ground. I pupmed it up the rest of the way with the pump and drove home. I'm thinking I should do something about this tire but I don't want to get a new one because I'll be putting my snow tires on when I go home for Thanksgiving break. Anyone know if a tire shop can do anything afer I sprayed that goo in there? I just don't trust that stuff to hold for the 450mile trip home. I'd rather have a patched tire or get a used one for cheep. I am planning on new tires next summer, but I realy don't have the $$$$ now.

Well..yeah...they can do something with the goo in there...but you have to tell them that it's in there before they let the air out.

I took one of my tires to a place once with that stuff in, didn't tell him it was there. When he took the valve out...the goo come out as fast as the air***mess*** He was mad...but he hosed the inside of the tire out after it was off the rims, and patched it.

But I have never had a problem with that goo. I put some in my tire in the spring...and it's still good now.

I did 9 tire like that today..... I hate that shit.....(monkey spoof is what its reffered to @ my shop.) we actually charge a extra $2.50 to fix it. if your going to buy new tires, go to tire plus and get there road hazard plan. basically if you get a flat, its repaired for free. its like 6.25 a tire and figuring a flat repair is 18.99, It will pay for its self in no time....