Installing aftermarket keyless entry system - how to tap into dome light circuit?

crazyd

Got a keyless entry system off eBay and I'm trying to figure it out. I've gotten all the basic functions working but I have one more thing I want it to do. I want it to turn on the dome lights when I unlock it. Here's the circuit diagram:

LD-009-013P.JPG

So it has two outputs for the exterior lights. I have them each wired directly into the headlight switch harness to flash the markers and fogs when it triggers. What I want is to have it flip on the dome lights on their timer in the switch. But I've tested all the pins in the harness and none of them seems to change when I turn them on. I think it can also be done through the doorpin triggers, but I'm not sure how they work.

Edited by crazyd

the is already a multiple pole relay present specifically for the power locks, so i would just use it.

looking at this diagram(originally from a 91 grand prix), applying 12 volts to circuit 195 will cause the locks to engage. applying 12 volts to circuit 194 will cause the locks to release.

so i guess "positive trigger" would be accurate.

http://imgur.com/oPC0oRA

Okay, that got me there. The diagram says that lt. blue is lock, so I traced the lt. blue wire off the switch and tapped into it, and got the doors to lock. Black is to unlock, and there are about a half dozen black wires that go into the driver's door, two of which go to the switch.

IMG_20130710_174748.jpg

Pin C is the lt. blue lock wire. I traced the one that goes to the switch on pin E (the other black wire, pin B is ground), and got it to trigger unlock. Now to wire it into the markers and dome lights, and find the trunk trigger wire.

Edited by crazyd

it looks like with the door switches, if you ground the circuit coming from the light switch, the door will be detected as "open", so dome light on, door ajar chime, etc....

want the diagram for it?

if you ground the circuit coming from the light switch,

Light switch? If you mean door switch I know exactly what you're talking about. I don't have a ground output from this unit but I can reverse a positive output with a relay.