throttle body coolant lines bypass?

stlunatics2oo3

is it smart to bypass the throttle body coolant lines cause i read it on this z24 page and i was wondering if it is a smart idead since one of my lines are like almost crimped lol well let me know :lol:

Guest Anonymous

It doesn't make any noticeable difference in performance if that's what your after. Since you live in Michagan where it's cold or cooler half of the year it would be a waste of time. If you lived somewhere that was warm all the time it may help a little more since all the lines do is keep the TB butterfly from freezing up but also adds heat to the air going into the motor.

I personally think it's a waste of time. I doubt it adds much heat to the intake air. Besides, the lower intake manifold is heated by coolant passing through it as well, so without bypassing that (which is virtually impossible), the intake air is still going to get hot anyway.

I disconnected mine, and I feel that the air definatley stays more its outside temp when you get stuck in heavy traffic. The reroute helped my car out, but then again my engine isn't running stock compression, the cooler the air for me the better off I'll be.