Help a brother out

slick

Ok, my dad is a moron. He thinks that when you lower a car, you will ruin your suspension. I tell him its not true, but i dont think he believes me. So, help me explain that it won't ruin your suspension, and also help me convince him to let me lower me car. If you haven't seen how much wheel gap I have, go to my cardomain website. I could almost go offroading :lol:

Ya, i want the monte lowering springs from JCWhitney, and my dad says also that it might messup the camber and toe-in, toe-out and such.....is this true?

if it does, just get a camber kit.........

Ya, i want the monte lowering springs from JCWhitney, and my dad says also that it might messup the camber and toe-in, toe-out and such.....is this true?

To aviod effects from lowering your car, do not aggresively lower over 2.5" inches.

Since most of the drops are around 1.5" inches, none of us should ever see any depremental problems.

Plus, toe and caster are not affected by you lowering the vehicle; only camber.

With the little change in angle due to lowering, you may see increased insdie (towards center of vehicle) tire-wear.

Set tires a few pounds under maxinum psi and you should be set.

- Erik

i see what you mean about the rims. the assend look kinda highup. if you put a system in there it wouldnt be to bad :D

i looked at your page and i can say that movie your friend made is GAY lol.

well i love the rims but thats the reason i wnat 18s.

I allready have a stereo in the assend, thats the thing! Yeah, that movie is GAY! I knew about the alignment stuff, and i didn't think it would ruin any other suspension components.

Sweet info redfox. Got another question. He says that it will ruin my other suspension components, is this true?

You shouldn't have an issue. There's been a rumor that flies around about increasing strain on CV joints...

But, again, the lowering must be highly significant to see such problems.

If you're wanting to kill the wheel gap, you'll have no problem with the suspension.

- Erik

Hey, anytime. So, is there any other info that i can give to convince him to let me do it. Like ride quality, stance, anything!

...Like lowering your center of gravity? Increasing higher-entry speed into corners? :shock:

Honestly, anyone with lowering springs will say that the ride gets a little more bumpy due to increased springs rates.

You'll notice you won't glide as well over problems in the road; decreased tire side-wall size also effects feel.

As for stance, ...well, if you have been curb hoppin' you can't do that when you're lowered... :wink:

All in all, it's a safe modification compared to installing a Memcal or straping on forced induction.

Plus if you don't like, it's completely reversible.

- Erik