Windshield mouldings....

BrianK82

I'm referring to the black painted moldings next to the windshield that always corrode on these cars.Refinished one over the winter that Matt sold me, wanna get it on the car. Anyone ever replace these? Do I need to replace the foam tape on the back, and of so, oes anyone know where to find the stuff? Let me know. Thanks!!!

• 7 months later...

Did you find the solution to your problem?? I am very interested in how this worked out for you. My mouldings have a bubbling issue, and I want to remove them and work on them. Any tips on removal and installation would be greatly appreciated.

I did mine when I replaced a cracked windshield. Expect to have to drill out some of the old screws. It'll be a bit of a battle but it's not that bad...

I didn't replace the foam on mine, what was there was ok. I would think that you could get away with that foamy double stick tape if it really needed it but only peal one side so you can adjust it so the screws line up again. If you're not putting the same piece back in the screws may not line up anyway actually.