mycar1.jpg

skid.jpg

sucks.gif

1990 Grand Prix LE

3.1 V6

No Mods

Nothing inside works..

No driver side door panel

No driver side mirror (it got knocked off)

No radio (shitty Delco)

No antenna

Driver side window doesn't work anymore

Driver side door handle doesn't work

but.. It runs good...

Those damn Corvette Z06's just need to get out of my way :lol:

aww man. at least you leave two marks when you burn out. mine only leaves one :roll:

i left some nice marks at work the other day. I did it on new pavement, and did the "foot" measuring, and by my calculations, my one mark was 35 feet :shock:

I was like, wtf, thats unpossible. Oh well, nice car. Id rather have a GP than a Lumina. (I think. Im starting to really like my car)

John

Nice looking Grand Prix. It looks almost just like my 1991 SE, save for the two tone paint(Mine is burgandy top and bottom.)and the wheels(Mine has wheel covers).

My GP runs great. I just finished putting a fuel pump in it. They actually are solid cars.

Since it seems that a large part of your problems centers around the drivers door, you could always find a door in a junkyard and either strip it for the parts that you need, or just purchase the entire door for parts. A good running older GM car is worth spending money on has always been my belief.

With your power window having stopped working, check for power to it, and check the switch. Or it may(probably is) be worn out if the car was owned by people that rolled the windows up and down allot. GM power window motors are prone to getting REALLY slow or going out altogether after a few years of usage. It's not all that hard to replace one once the door panel is off. Let me know if I can help you in some way.

Good luck with it. It is a sharp car. Take care of her and be proud to be a W-Body owner. :)

My W-Bodys'

1989 Cutlass Supreme SL -Coupe

1990 Lumina Euro 3.1 - Coupe(Loves It's Front Brake Pads With Fava Beans And A Nice Cold Fresca)

1991 Grand Prix SE(Finally Back On The Road)

Yeah.. I'm contemplating getting a door from a junkyard. The driver door not opening is a problem with some shitty metal piece that runs from the lever to the inside latch. As for the window, the runner broke. Not that expensive to fix, just a major pain in the ass.

Checkout my 1991 LE, I at least have fog lights, and everything works. The only thing I want to do is put in a full gages cluster.SOON

I at least have the (non-functional) steering wheel radio controls, (horribly inaccurate) full gage cluster, and the equalizer on my (broken) radio. Hmph.