Little clips on the back of dash speaker grills, 1g GP

Psych0matt

try turning them with needle nose or pop them off and hot knife them back on or glue if they break. just try not and crack the grille

On my 93 GP I pulled the dash pad off without pulling the grills out, than pulled the clips off with a pliars once I had the pad flipped over

Exactly what I did. Little screwdriver to open them up a bit

so the tiny screwdriver worked to open them up?

I have to paint mine with fabric spray. I was thinking about masking them off and just leave them in there, but I also have a pretty nice mack tools pick I bought not too long ago that may get those little basterds.

now that you got me thinking this over.. :thumbsup:

I've become extremely good at removing/reinstalling the dashpad :lol: It's not hard at all now that I know how to do it. I've had it out about 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks. I'll have to remove it yet again, because I want to hit it with fabric spray as well

not sure if they are the same but for the clips for the door panels I took a 6 or 7mm socket (not sure on size) and ground the outside of the socket down till it fit into the countersunk part of the clip then ratcheted it out while prying a little bit with a screwdriver.

Edited by Drummer

I've become extremely good at removing/reinstalling the dashpad :lol: It's not hard at all now that I know how to do it. I've had it out about 4 or 5 times in the last few weeks. I'll have to remove it yet again, because I want to hit it with fabric spray as well

LMFAO tell me about it! I've honestly lost track of how many times I've had that thing in and out of my car.

I started doing a two-tone theme with my interior. One day my fiancee went with me to a local junkyard (believe it or not, she loves going) and there was a nice GP there with interior pieces I needed, including the dash pad and the HUD projector. She had this bewildered look on her face when I told her the number of pieces I was going to remove. I looked at her and said, "Don't worry, I've done this about a time or twenty." I think I had the whole dashboard disassembled in 15 minutes, much to her relief/joy.

:lol:

Yeah, I've got it down to about 15 minutes from completely together to dashpad out. However, getting the stupid HUD clipped back in took me about half hour last time! :cussing: :lol: