88 GP - slow leak

tgk

I have recently fixed the oil pump oil ring (Thanks for the great instruction !), which stops the massive oil leak from the aged o ring. Currently the engine is having a small leak, each night it is dripping to a circle of approx 2-4 inches on the driveway. I have looked under a couple of times and it seems to be coming between oil pan and engine, but it cannot be pinpoint as it seems wet at a few places, including the oil filter location and the other side(back).

I would like to know if anyone have similar experience and have a cure for this leak.

Thanks in advance !

Guest Anonymous

Pull the connector out of your oil sending unit (by the oil filter) and if it's got oil in it, REPLACE it immediately. I'd hate too see someone else lose a motor over a stupid freaking sensor.

I have almost the same problem, oil leaks are a bitch to diagnose. I still haven't had an occasion to put my car on the ramps to check where its exactly coming from. I suggest using a degreaser to clean everything up, btw brake cleaner works like a charm.

Guest Anonymous

It's a sensor that reads your oil pressure and sends the reading to your gauge. If you don't have a gauge you will have an oil pressure sensor that sends the reading to your ECM and if it goes too low or too high it turns on your oil light.

Replies ... thanks for all your kind suggestions

What liquid - I think mostly engine oil. At one time I am seeing red color liquid (Trans).

I am using what ever cleaner spray I have, Carb cleaner works good. (Make sure work area are well vented) I have been under the car 2 weeks ago, sprayed and cleaned away all dirt and oil. I will check again this weekend.

I have replaced the oil pressure sender near oil filter, which broke recently (ie. faulty oil pressure read out on gauge), and the sender on top near the oil pump, this sensor show sign of possible oil leak thru the sensor (oil inside connector ).